Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is hiring for Research Associate position. PhD Life Sciences or PhD Biological Sciences candidates are encouraged to apply for Research Associate position at IISER Pune. Check out the details given below:
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH PUNE
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune – 411 008
Name of the Post: Research Associate (RA)
No. of posts: 01(One)
Name of the Project: “Theoretical and empirical investigations on the interaction of predictability, periodicity of fluctuations and bottleneck size in affecting microbial evolution”
Project Code: 30817349
Funding Agency: Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
Minimum Educational Qualification: Ph.D. in any branch of Biological Sciences / Life Sciences or equivalent. Candidates must have done wet-lab work on evolutionary biology problems using bacteria as a system, must possess excellent knowledge of evolutionary theory and have extensive experience of statistics and data analysis. Candidates, who have submitted their thesis but have not yet received their degrees, may also apply.
Preference: Candidate who are should be well-versed in at least one computer language and capable of writing code for conducting evolutionary simulations will be preferred.
Tenure of the appointment: Initially for a period of one year which may be extended subject to continuation of the project and satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
- Rs.36,000/- + 30% to Rs. 40,000/- + 30% HRA depending upon the experience
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis but not completed defense (i.e. candidates without a provisional certificate of having qualified for the degree), will be designated as SRF and paid Rs. 28,000 + 30% HRA till the time of submission of Provisional Ph.D. certificate.
Age: RA: Not more than 35 years as on the closing date of Advertisement. SRF: Not more than 32 years as on the closing date of Advertisement.
How to apply
At the time of the interview, applicants need to bring duly filled prescribed application form (available below advertisement link), self-attested photocopies of certificates in support of educational qualification, experience, date of birth and in support of information submitted in the application form and one recent passport size color photograph.
The applicant must also bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for the purpose of verification.
Day, Date, Time & Venue of Walk-in-interview: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 08.45 AM in Seminar Room No. 34, IInd floor, Main Building, IISER Pune, Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune – 411008
General Information/details about the post
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- Relaxation in requirement of qualification and/or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious applicants with the prior approval of the competent authority.
- Age relaxation commensurate with educational qualification and experience of the applicant may be considered for candidates having qualification and experience higher than the advertised with the prior approval of the competent authority.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be considered in each stage of the selection process. Where number of candidates appearing for walk-in interview is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all eligible candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be considered for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the application.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- No interim enquiries/correspondence/ communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.