Job seekers with MSc Plant Biotechnology /Biochemistry/Plant Molecular Biology/ Plant Pathology are eligible to apply for Young Professional & Research Associate post at Division of Plant Pathology, Indian Agricultural Research Institute. ICAR-IARI Plant Biotechnology /Biochemistry Job. Check out the details that have been posted below:
Division of Plant Pathology
Indian Agricultural Research Institute
New Delhi – 110012
Project-1 ICAR-NASF project on “Identification of host factors responsible for infection and development of nanoparticle based dsRNA delivery system for imparting resistance to begomoviruses”
(Major objectives: Preparation of various dsRNA precursor and their derivative siRNAs and evaluation of the efficacy of nano-carrier conjugated dsRNA against begomovirus and its insect vector whitefly)
Post Title: Research Associate
No of post: 01
Emolument: Rs 38,000 for MSc with 2 years of experience; Rs. 40,000 for Ph.D., as per ICAR rule
Essential: Ph.D. or MSc in Plant Biotechnology /Biochemistry/Plant Molecular Biology/ Plant Pathology/Botany
For Master’s degree in the relevant subject with 1st Division or 60% marks or equivalent overall grade point average with at least two years of research experience as evidenced from Fellowship/ Associateship / Training/ other engagements. Published research papers will be desirable.
Candidates should either have 4/5 years of bachelor degree and 2 years of Master degree or candidates those are having 3 years of Bachelor degree and 2 years of Masters degree should have qualified UGC/CSIR/ICAR NET
Desirable: Working experience with molecular plant virology/ Molecular Biology including genome amplification and molecular cloning; knowledge in gene silencing in plant.
Project-2: ICAR Consortia Research Platform (CRP) on Vaccine and Diagnostics: “Development of Diagnostics to viruses infecting Capsicum, Cucurbits and Okra”
Post Title: Young Professional II
No of post: 01
Emolument: Rs. 25,000.00 (Consolidated ) (As per ICAR F. No.17 (1)/2013-Estt. IV Dated 12/08/2013)
Essential: Master Degree in Plant Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/Plant Molecular Biology/ Plant Pathology/ Botany
Desirable: Lab working Experience in Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/plant virology.
How to apply
Walk-in-interview will be held in the Division of Plant Pathology, IARI, New Delhi-110012 for the above-mentioned positions under the ICAR-National Agricultural Science Fund project on 12 June 2019.
The reporting time for the walking interview is latest at 11.00 A.M.
The eligible candidates should bring their application giving full details of academic records and experience along with attested photocopy as well as original copy of the relevant documents.
Terms and Conditions:
- For details of the qualifications and other requirements please refer ICAR Office memo No. Edn/6/27/2014/HRD dated July 13, 2015 and Agrl. Edn./6/27/2014-HRD dated October 9, 2015. The emolument of SRFs will be as per ICAR rule.
- The above post is purely temporary, time-bound and co-terminus with the project. Appointment will be yearly based on progress and fund availability.
- Relaxation in age limit for SC/ST/OBC candidate as per government rules.
- No objection certificate from the employer, in case he/she has an employment.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Reporting time for the interview latest by 11.00 am at Division of Plant Pathology
- Application format: 1. Name, 2. Father’s name, 3. Date of birth, 4. Present and permanent address, contact telephone no. and email ID, 5. Category: SC/ST/OBC/GEN, 6. Qualification details (Institute, year and percentage of marks in class 10th, 12th, graduate and postgraduate), 7. Research experience with support document, 8. CSIR/ICAR/UGC NET detail, 9. Publication if any, 10. Signature of the candidate.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.