PerkinElmer Junior Lab Technologist Post
PerkinElmer enables scientists, researchers and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. With a mission focused on innovating for a healthier world, PerkinElmer delivers unique solutions to serve the diagnostics, life sciences, food and applied markets.
Position Title: Junior Lab Technologist
- Location(s): Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Status: Regular
- Job ID: JR-009406
- Recruiting Region: Asia-Pacific
Requirements: Bachelors (any life science) or DMLT with experience in handling human samples, basic knowledge about DNA and related processes.
Preferable: Experience in handling human samples; Experience in using LIMs software; Experience in DNA extraction from Human samples, experience in accessioning NGS samples
Primary Job Duties:
- Receive NGS samples (national and international) from SRT and check the sample details- patient demographics, test name, queries etc
- Receive NGS DBS samples from SRT and check the sample details
- Follow the checklist provided to check each sample (commercial and additional) to ensure all criteria are met.
- Coordinate internally to complete accession; Co-ordinate with customer care and GC to complete queries of NGS and international samples
- Follow up samples till queries are cleared.
- Follow up pending samples periodically till decision to proceed/ discard is taken.
- Assist with MDX process of shipping of NGS DNA samples.
- Documenting NGS and other Molecular testing samples as per laboratory requirements.
- Assist in transporting shared samples (Prenatal BoBs, KaryoLite BoBs, DNA storage, cultured cells, validation etc) from cytogenetics to MDx.
- Assist with Xeroxing the TRFs, followup of the compliance documents.
- Conduct DNA extraction from different types of samples
- Preliminary evaluation and processing of all specimen types
- Quantification of DNA as needed
- agarose gel electrophoresis
- Assist in other molecular tests such as PCR tests, BoBs tests, etc
- Learn and assist in conduct of other new tests
- Assist with all documentation in MDx lab
- Participate in Audits
- Ensure compliance to audit and other regulatory requirements
- Participate in laboratory meetings
- Assist in conducting validations of new tests
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.