Ahmedabad University hiring for BSc Life Sciences Project Assistant vacancy. Candidates having a Bachelor’s degree in any branch of life sciences are encouraged to apply for a project assistant post at Ahmedabad University. Life Sciences Project Assistant Job. Check out the details on the same below:
Position Title: Project Assistant
No. of Positions: 01
Duration of the Engagement: 1 year and extendable up to a maximum of 2 years based on annual performance review
Reporting to: Professor Krishna B S Swamy under the project: Identification of proteotoxicity tolerating mutations in evolved yeast hybrids.
The project, sponsored by the University Research Board, Ahmedabad University, aims to perform adaptive evolution on yeast hybrids and understand how hybrids reconfigure their protein homeostasis machinery and overcome proteotoxic stress. The project’s purpose is to determine the molecular mechanism underlying protein homeostasis machinery in yeast hybrids. The project involves an equal ratio of computational analysis and laboratory work.
Laboratory work would include performing molecular biology and cell biology experiments. And computational analysis requirement includes familiarity with NGS sequencing analysis tools and ability to write computer programs in Perl, Python or R. The work will be conducted at the Biological and Life Sciences division of Ahmedabad University.
- Support in various ongoing research projects in the laboratory
- Assist with various academic and research activities including data analysis, creation & maintenance
- Will be in charge of evolution experiments in the lab and is expected to maintain and prepare the evolution conditions and the required media
- Perform molecular and cell biology experiments
- Perform computational analysis on the Whole genome and RNA sequencing samples
- Candidates having experience in molecular biology and microbiology are encouraged to apply. The project will require programming skills
- Prior experience working with microbes and familiarity with evolutionary biology is highly desirable. The project is question-driven and someone interested in molecular mechanisms in evolution is encouraged to apply
The candidate must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in any branch of life sciences with at least one year of research experience working in a laboratory
Age limit is 32 years (as on April 30, 2019, relaxable in case of SC/ST/PH/OBC candidates as per Government of India instruction)
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit their application with their curriculum vitae through email by writing to email@example.com with the following text in the subject of your email: Application for the Project Assistant-Swamy Lab by May 30, 2019.
CV should include details of academic grades starting from 10th standard onwards with details of year of passing, university or college, etc. and also work experience and nature of work if applicable. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.