Walk-In Interview for Junior Research Fellow under MoEFCC funded project at IISER Kolkata
A position for a Junior Research Fellow is available in the research group of Dr. Anuradha Bhat, Associate Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, IISER Kolkata.
The research work involves the study of freshwater fish communities in Central Indian stream systems to understand the patterns of species distributions and their ecological drivers.
Title of project: Fish community structure and patterns of diversity along impacted and unimpacted streams of Vindhya and Satpura hill ranges, Central India
Funding agency: MoEFCC
Principle Investigator: Dr. Anuradha Bhat, Dept. of Biological Sciences, IISER Kolkata
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow
Remuneration: Maximum up to INR 25,000 per month.
Tenure: Initially for a period of 10 months extendable for a further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and availability of funds.
Basic Eligibility Criteria: M.Sc. in Biology, Zoology, Environmental Sciences/ Ecology with minimum 60% marks or minimum CGPA of 7.5; Selected in CSIR-NET including lectureship and GATE or selected through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Depts/Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, etc.
Desirable additional experience and qualifications: Experience in conducting ecological studies, including field studies is preferred.
Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as on 28th May 2019 which is relaxable for certain reserved categories as per rules of Government of India.
How to Apply: A detailed CV prior to the interview must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 25th May, 2019. Candidates are requested to come for a walk-in interview with their CV and proof of qualifications on 29th May, 2019 at 10 am at Teaching and Research Complex, Room # 220, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research(IISER) Kolkata, Mohanpur, West Bengal, Pin – 741236.
- No TA / DA will be provided to the candidate for the interview.
- The decision of the selection committee will be final.
- If the number of candidates appearing for the walk-in interview is large, the selection committee may decide to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
- The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.
Dr. Anuradha Bhat, Associate Professor, Dept. of Biological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research(IISER) Kolkata, Mohanpur, West Bengal, Pin – 741236., E-mail: email@example.com