Department of Biotechnology
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad
ONE MONTH SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAM IN BIOTECHNOLOGY (STPB-2019)
The Department of Biotechnology proposes to organize a one-month self-financed summer training program in Biotechnology. The course is designed for undergraduate, postgraduate and research scholars of institutes, universities and colleges.
The course aims to provide up-gradation of knowledge and skills for UG/PG students/research scholars and other stakeholders involved in proposed areas of the training program. The course has been designed to cover both theoretical as well as the practical concepts in the respective fields. Lectures will be delivered by faculty members of their field and participants will also receive hands-on experience through various lab sessions.
The course is tentatively scheduled from 28th May to 27th June 2019. It is expected that around 40 participants will be attending the same.
Accommodation for outstation students may be arranged in the institute hostel depending on the availability. A nominal fee for hostel accommodation as per the Institute norms will be charged from the students.
Undergraduate and postgraduate students, research scholars of Biotechnology or allied fields from UGC/AICTE recognized university/ institute.
The complete course broadly covers four areas of biotechnology namely, Microbiology, Molecular, Agricultural biotechnology, Computational tools for Biotechnology, Nano-Technology and Immunology and Fermentation Technology, Environment and Enzyme Engineering. Participants will get the maximum exposure of recent tools used in the aforementioned areas of biotechnology.
This summer training program will highlight important aspects of the various areas of biotechnology with expert lectures and hands-on training sessions in the same. List of practical sessions (Not limited) to be conducted are as follows:
- Polyphasic taxonomical approach for systematic identification of microorganism.
- Different techniques for microscopic assessment of microorganisms
- Understanding the concepts and techniques of bacterial genetics
- Screening of free-living rhizobacteria for their multiple plant growth promoting traits.
- Toxicological assessment of environmental pollutants on microorganisms by exploiting flow cytometric approach.
- Molecular biology techniques such as PCR amplification & gene cloning
- Allele-specific PCR for mutation analysis,
- Database search and sequence analysis, clonal bisulphite sequencing analysis
- Protein structure prediction, Molecular modeling and docking
- Up-stream and down-stream processing of Pectinase and its application in fruit juice clarification Bioprocess development for ethanol production from lingo-cellulosic biomass
- Immobilization of enzyme,
- In silico engineering of the catalytic site of an enzyme.
- Synthesis, Characterization, toxicity assessment and applications of Silver and Gold Nanoparticles.
- Isolation and identification of immune entities from human blood,
- Cytokine production upon polyclonal stimulation.
- Extraction of phytochemicals for various applications
- Study of Antiurolithic activity of herbal plant molecules
- Estimation of food inhibitors in food grains
- Study of anti oxidant activity of plant molecules
- Biofilm formation and quantification
- Microscopic visualization of bacterial biofilms,
- Study of quorum sensing process
FEES & MODE OF PAYMENT:
Course Fees is Rs. 14,000/- (Rupees Fourteen Thousands only). However, course fee for internal student is Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousands only). The course fee should be paid through a Demand Draft, in favour of “STPB-2019” payable at Allahabad. Alternatively, the fee can be directly paid via online transfer to the following account.
Bank Account Name: STPB-2019 (Current Account)
Bank Account Number: 718400301000359
Bank Name: Vijaya Bank
Branch Name: MNNIT Allahabad, Prayagraj
IFSC code: VIJB0007184
The course fee is non-refundable if student is shortlisted for the course. However, course fee will be refunded in case student is not selected for the course.
DURATION: This is a one-month training Program. 28th May 2019 to 27th June 2019.
Application form and information brochure will be available from 20th March 2019 to 20th May 2019 on the website http://www.mnnit.ac.in. The applicants are required to read the instructions for downloading the application form and send the duly filled form to the “Chairman, STPB2019, Department of Biotechnology, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, Prayagraj-211004, Uttar Pradesh, India”, along with the application fee [Demand draft] so that it may reach by 20th May 2019 . Please also send a scanned copy of your application form, relevant documents and demand draft to following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
Candidates, who will pay through online mode, have to send a scanned copy of their application form and relevant documents via email mentioning their transaction details.
Type of Registration Fee*
Student’s Outside MNNIT Allahabad: 14,000/-
Student’s from MNNIT Allahabad: 10,000/- (Limited to 5 only)
* Registration fee includes access to all lecture and practical sessions, participant kit, study material, and Tea/snacks for entire course time.
- Last date of receipt of the application form via email: 20th May 2019
- Last date of receipt of the hard copy application form via post: 20th May 2019
- Confirmation will be intimated by (through e-mail): 21st May 2019
- Course duration: 28th May 2019 to 27th June 2019
Department of Biotechnology,
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad,
Allahabad-211004, Uttar Pradesh,
Phone No.: +91 97940 49630, +91 87657 87601
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com