SCIENTIFIC OFFICER – JSW, JAWHAR PROJECT (MAHARASHTRA)
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Scientific Officer – JSW Project, Jawahar Project (Maharashtra) of Asia Program to be based in Jawhar, Palghar, district, Maharashtra, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world.
ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
Position Title: Scientific Officer – JSW Project
- Supervise on-farm farmer participatory action research trials in districts of Maharashtra
- Constant interactions with the farmers, researchers and Department of Agriculture officials and act as a liaison person in the district
- Travel within the district and providing technical support to the Farm Facilitators/Lead Farmers and Farmers in the district
- Recording of scientific data, prepare draft reports, collecting of the information about the farmers and undertaking the crop cutting experiments to record yields in the demonstration plots and guide technicians based in the district
- Regular and timely reporting for project activities and update to supervisors
- M.Sc (Agri) / M.Sc (Hort) or M.Sc in Biological Sciences (having relevant experience in agriculture) with at least 2-3 years of experience.
- The candidate should have aptitude and skills to draft reports, papers
- Knowledge of M.S. Office is essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Marathi language is essential
- Well versed with Computer operations and digital reporting
- People with flair for field work, group interactions and suitable experience will be preferred
- Work in an interdisciplinary team in a multicultural and multinational environment and the ability to interact with partner organizations
This is a consolidated position for one-year renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply for Scientific Officer Post:
Applicants should apply on or before 24-May-2019, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience.
All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.