Technical Officer position vacant at Wetlands International, New Delhi. Candidates interested in Life Sciences Technical Officer post can apply for this job. Check out the details below:
Technical Officer – High Altitude Wetlands Position
Overall Job Purpose
The incumbent for this full-time position based in New Delhi shall focus on coordinating the implementation of technical programmes related to High Altitude Wetlands (HAW), and support realization of South Asia regional strategy. Key responsibilities include maintaining an overview of project implementation at various sites, guiding implementation, liaising with stakeholders, conducting capacity development programmes, and supporting fund raising.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Promote the formulation and implementation of strategies for conservation of HAW.
- Based on systematic assessments, identify actions to address threats to HAW.
- Conduct socioeconomic assessments to assess the needs, rights and capacities of user communities of HAW.
- Develop integrated management plans for conservation of HAW.
- Design capacity development programmes for strengthening skill-base of wetland managers and stakeholders, and timely implementation of management plans at ground level through integrated and multi-disciplinary approach.
- Develop mechanisms for strengthening of wetland institutions and sustained financing for conservation of HAW.
- Coordinate preparation, implementation and monitoring of project operational plans and activities in cooperation with implementing partner organizations and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development and adaptation of methods for climate change risks and vulnerability assessment of wetlands.
- Develop project proposals for fund-raising in line with South Asia Regional Strategy.
- Draft reports, technical papers and policy briefs based on project implementation Represent the organization at various meetings and forums.
- Support communication and outreach on issues related to wetlands conservation and wise use in South Asia region.
- Liaise with State Governments, funding agencies and other external agencies on various aspects of wetlands management.
- Masters in ecology / life sciences/ natural resources management or related disciplines.
- Atleast 8 years of work experience in similar position, of which atleast 4 years on management of technical programmes related HAW.
- Understanding of wetlands management needs and challenges, particularly of HAW.
- Experience of conducting assessments on wetlands, particularly HAW.
- Understanding of climate change risk and vulnerability assessment frameworks.
- Proven technical writing skills in English.
- Should have enough competence to train local staff to support implementation of management plans for effective outcomes.
- Doctorate on a topic related to wetlands management.
- Experience of working on Himalayan wetlands in disciplines of ecology, limnology, hydrology, socioeconomic aspects and other related areas relevant for management planning and policy-making for conservation and management of HAW.
Commensurate with qualifications and work experience of the candidate.
How to apply
Application to be submitted in the attached proforma and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to appear for an interview in person.
Date of closing of application
May 20, 2019