Notification for Online Entrance Examination (OEE) for Admission to Post Graduate/Graduate/Integrated/ Interdisciplinary Courses:
For the Academic Year 2019-20
Online applications are invited from all eligible candidates for admission to various Post-Graduate/ Graduate / Integrated and Interdisciplinary courses offered by the University Departments/Centres/Schools.
Courses & Eligibility:
Name of the Faculty: Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology
Name of the Course: Biotechnology (Five Years Integrated M. Sc. Programme) (IBB)
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2 Level Examination in Science of any recognized board in India.
Name of the Course: M.Sc. Virology
Eligibility Criteria: M.B.B.S./B.V.Sc./B.Sc. (Biotechnology/ Botany/ Chemistry/Clinical Laboratory Science/ Life Sciences/ Microbiology/ Zoology)
Name of the Faculty: Bioinformatics Centre
Name of the Course: M. Sc. Bioinformatics
Eligibility Criteria: B.Sc/ B.Sc.(Agri) / B.C.S./ B.E./ B.Tech/ M.B.B.S./ B.Pharm/ B.A.M.S./ B.H.M.S./ B.V.Sc.
Name of the Faculty: Department of Microbiology
Name of the Course: M. Sc. Microbiology
Eligibility Criteria: B.Sc. In Microbiology or B.Sc. with Microbiology as the subsidiary at third year Level.
Entrance Examination & Admission:
- Candidate shall be admitted to the above courses strictly on the basis of merit in the Entrance Examination:
- Syllabus for the Entrance Examination of each course will be available on the webpage of respective University Departments.
- The Online Entrance Examination (OEE) will be of 100 marks with multiple choice questions (MCQ).
- The Online Entrance Exam paper will consist of 2 sections.
- Section A- General knowledge /aptitude /logic /comprehension: 20 marks
- Section B- Subject specific Questions: 80 marks
Examination of both sections will be conducted together.
- Negative marking system will be applied for evaluation. For every wrong answer 1/3 (one third) of the allotted marks of the question will be deducted.
- Merit list of the candidates based on total score of Section A and B would be prepared for the admission.
- In case of candidates securing equal marks in OEE, merit list would be prepared based on marks secured in Section B of OEE.
- In case of candidates securing equal marks in Section B of OEE as well, merit list would be prepared based on marks secured in the qualifying examination.
- Admission for various Post-Graduate/Graduate/Integrated/Interdisciplinary courses shall be as per the provision of Ordinance 181-A amended, University Order. (Circular No. PGS/1224/25 dated 12/04/2019).
Fees and Mode of Payment for OEE:
- Following fee is applicable for appearing for OEE of a single course:
- For candidates belonging to General category: Rs. 500/-
- For candidates belonging to Reserved categories: Rs. 350/-
- Candidates appearing for OEE of multiple courses are required to pay the fees separately for each course.
- Payment should be made online using Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking etc.
Instructions for Filling Online Application:
- Online application form is available on the website: https://campus.unipune.ac.in/ccep/login.aspx
- Required Documents: Candidate shall upload the following documents with the application:
- Photo-copy of the statement of marks of the qualifying examination passed, if applicable (which is required for the eligibility.)
- Xerox of the caste certificate in case of Reserved category candidates (if applicable).
- Photocopy of the Non-creamy layer certificate in case of Reserved category (OBC/DTNT/SBC/EWS/SEBC/Women) candidates (if applicable).
- Photocopy of the Medical certificate issued by the Civil Surgeon in case of ‘Persons with disabilities (P.H.)1candidates (if applicable).
- Candidates are NOT required to submit printout of application/documents to the University after online submission of application. However, these documents in original have to be submitted to the respective Department at the time of admission.
- Incomplete applications/ applications without uploading required documents/ applications submitted after the last date will be rejected without assigning any reason and no correspondence will be entertained by the University in this regard.
- No request for a change in any information provided in the online form will be entertained by the University.
Schedule and Conduct of OEE:
The schedule of the process of submission of the application form and OEE will be as follows:
- Commencement of filling of online application: 1st May 2019
- Last date of filling online application: 25th May 2019 (11.59 pm)
- Schedule of Online Entrance Examination: 10th to 20th June 2019
(Detailed schedule of date and time of each exam will be announced later on SPPU website)
- Duration of the Online Entrance Exam: 2 Hrs (inclusive of both the sections)
- Publication of result on the University website: 2 days after the OEE for the course
Candidates can download online admit card (hall ticket) 5 days before the online examination using the ‘Login Id and Password’ of the application form. Candidate should carry the print out of the admit card to the exam centre.
No separate certificate of result will be issued by Savitribai Phule Pune University.
The centres for Online Entrance Examination will be notified by the University at a later Ordinarily, a change of allotted centre is not permissible.
In case of any grievance of disputes, the decision of the admission committee shall be final and binding on all.
Admission to any program does not guarantee Hostel facility or any kind of financial support in any form like Scholarship, fellowship, Earn & Learn, etc. The University has an independent procedure for offering such benefits.
Various scholarships by Government(s) shall be admissible as per prescribed rules in this
It is the responsibility of the applicant to fulfill the eligibility conditions and comply with the admission requirements. If at any stage it is noticed that a falls claim has been made by the candidate or important material facts have been concealed and/or the candidate is not eligible, his candidature shall be liable for cancellation at any stage.
Online registration process will be treated as complete only after the required certificates and applications are uploaded on https://campus.unipune.ac.in/ccep/login.aspx on or before 25th May 2019