National Institute of Biomedical Genomics Kalyani PhD Programme Admission 2019. National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG) PhD Programme Admissions 2019. NIBMG Kalyani PhD admissions 2019. Check out details below
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BIOMEDICAL GENOMICS
Kalyani 741251, West Bengal, INDIA
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS INTERESTED TO PURSUE DOCTORAL RESEARCH AT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BIOMEDICAL GENOMICS (NIBMG), KALYANI
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to pursue doctoral research at NIBMG. The selected students are expected to work on human disease-centric topics with an emphasis on gaining biological insights into disease mechanisms using clinical samples and appropriate model systems.
NIBMG is equipped with state of the art technologies which include NGS platforms, genetic engineering including CRISPR-Cas DNA editing laboratories, FACS (cell sorter), low and high-resolution imaging facility, upcoming zebrafish, small animal and proteomics facilities, Multiplex Elisa/ ALPHA-LISA, multimode plate reader facilities, etc.
The broad areas of research on which students are expected to work are listed below:
1. Biomedical Genomics and the functional implications in the context of
- Infectious disease
- Chronic disease
2. Computational Biology and Statistical Genomics
15% OF THE SEATS ARE RESERVED FOR THE SC CATEGORY, 7.5% FOR THE ST CATEGORY AND 27% FOR NON-CREAMY LAYER OBC CATEGORY. CERTIFICATES FROM RELEVANT AUTHORITIES ARE TO BE PROVIDED AS PROOF, BEFORE THE INTERVIEW.
The minimum eligibility criteria for accepting students at NIBMG to pursue research leading to a Ph.D. degree are:
- Master’s degree in any discipline of Biological Sciences (Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Zoology, Botany, Physiology, Biophysics or related disciplines).
- Candidates in general category must have secured at least 55% aggregate in Master’s degree. This will be relaxed for reserved categories as they are only required to successfully complete Master’s degree.
- An applicant must have qualified in the junior research fellowship conducted by UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (Category I only), NBHM, BINC, and must have a valid award letter of Research Fellowship at the time of interview. DST-INSPIRE students with a provisional certificate from DST are also eligible to apply. Candidates who have qualified for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship or any other fellowship for the reserved categories are encouraged to apply.
- Should have an MBBS or B. Tech (Biotechnology) with at least 55% marks along with a valid junior research fellowship from UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (Category I only).
Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable research training in the form of summer training or short-term courses in established research laboratories in preparation for a research career in biomedical sciences. This condition is not applicable to individuals belonging to reserved categories.
Please apply online via web link http://apply.nibmg.ac.in/ (no other form of application will be accepted). Please indicate online whether you belong to a reserved category or the general category. The online application will be accepted until 5 PM of 30th of May, 2019. Short-listed candidates will be called for a formal interview to make the final selection. Interview will be on the 28th of June, 2019.