TATA MEMORIAL CENTRE
A Grant-In-Aid Institution of the Department of Atomic
TATA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
PAREL, MUMBAI 400 012
Two-years “Master of Science in Clinical Research” (M.Sc. Clin Res) is a post-graduate degree which will be awarded by the Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI) Deemed University. The course will be conducted at the Tata Memorial Centre and will be followed by a mandatory one-year internship at the Tata Memorial Centre and its outreach centres. The course will commence from 1st August 2019
Duration: 2-years course + 1-year internship (mandatory)
- First year: Rs 10000 per month
- Second year: Rs 12000 per month
- Third year (Internship period): Rs 16000 per month
Minimum eligibility criteria:
Graduation with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in any of the following subjects
- B.Sc in Bioscience/ Life Sciences (Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Biotechnology)
- B.Sc in Chemistry
- B.Sc in Clinical Nutrition
- Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Science (B.Pharm)
- Graduate in Medicine (Allopathy, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha)
- Graduation in Dentistry (BDS)
- Occupational therapy (B.Sc)
- Physiotherapy (B.Sc)
- Nursing (B.Sc)
- Paramedical technology
Preference will be given to candidates with previous training/experience in clinical research
Selection will be based on the evaluation of performance in the written test followed by an interview
- Only those candidates who score at least 50% marks in the written entrance exam are eligible to be called for interview
- A fixed number of candidates (not exceeding 3 times the number of seats) will be called for an interview from those who have scored 50% and above.
- 25% of seats will be reserved for in-house candidates from the Tata Memorial Centre.
Online payment of Rupees 2000/- (two thousand only). This is non-refundable. Female candidates and SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying the application fees.
Age limit 30 Years as on 31.05.2019 (Relaxable for 05 years SC/ST and 03 years for OBC).
Interested candidates fulfilling minimal eligibility criteria should complete the application form online as per instructions.
- Candidates are advised to save the completed application and print the document on one side of the paper only.
- Online Submission ALONE will NOT be considered.
- The completed Hardcopy of application should be signed and sent by registered post/speed post to the office of the Director – Academics, TMC, 13th Floor, Homi Bhabha Block, Tata Memorial Centre, Dr. Ernest Borges Marg, Parel, Mumbai – 400 012 on or before 07.06.2019.
- Copies of all relevant certificates and documents should be attached.
- The envelope containing the application should be marked“APPLICATION FOR M.SC. CLINICAL RESEARCH 2019”.
- Applications sent by Fax, E-Mail, Photocopies in OLD FORMAT or any other form will NOT be entertained.
- Duly completed application form should be submitted along with online payment receipt (Payment of Fees using Debit / Credit Card Number) of Rs.2000/- (Rupees two thousand only) which isNOT refundable.
- Female candidates and SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying the application fees
- Incomplete applications will be rejected and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Applications received after the last date will be rejected, and no grounds for delay including postal delay will be entertained.
- Application will be rejected if the candidate provides incorrect information in the application form such as date of birth, qualification certificate etc.
- All passport size photographs must be recent (less than 6 months old) self – attested, identical, snapped with front profile, showing full head, face, shoulder and with both ears and taken without wearing any Cap/Hat/Sunglasses. Polaroid photos are not acceptable.
- Will be conducted in Mumbai.
- Multiple choice type questions with negative marking for wrong answers.
- Syllabus for the exam includes basic sciences, clinical research methods and general knowledge
- Only candidates with original admit card along with valid identity proof will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- Those who will clear/pass the written entrance exam will be called for interview in ratio of not exceeding 3 for one seat for final selection.
‘ONLINE APPLICATION WILL BE DISPLAYED BY 03.05.2019’
|Last Date of Online Application:||31.05.2019|
|Last date of receiving Hard Copy :||07.06.2019|
|Shortlisted candidates names will be displayed on the website: http://tmc.gov.in||21.06.2019|
|Date of Written Examination||11.07.2019|
|Date of Viva/Interview||13.07.2019|