IISER Pune Research Scientist Post Vacant
Candidates with PhD in any branch of Life Sciences are encouraged to apply at IISER Pune for Research Scientist Post. Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune is hiring for Scientist Position. Check out the details below:
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH PUNE
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune – 411 008
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for the promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
Indian Nationals fulfilling below-mentioned criteria may attend Walk-in Interview:
Name of the Post: Research Scientist
No. of posts: 01(One)
Name of the Project: “Maharashtra Gene Bank Programme”
Funding Agency: Rajiv Gandhi Science & Technology Commission, Govt. of Maharashtra
Project Code: 32214135
Minimum Educational Qualification & Experience
Ph.D. in any branch of life sciences / Bioinformatics / Interdisciplinary subjects or equivalent from a recognized university / Institute. Knowledge of modern tools (including genomics) of taxonomic identification; minimum 3 years of independent research in molecular phylogeny and evolutionary biology and/or wildlife conservation after Ph.D. / Post-Doctoral work; as evidenced by published work in peer-reviewed journals.
Candidates should have published at least 3 research articles as the corresponding author
Job Requirement: The selected scientist is expected to lead a group of senior research workers in analyzing marine life (microbes, sponges, etc.) using conventional and genomic tools. The incumbent is expected to possess vast experience in similar research areas in order to be able to not only provide a direction but also guide day to day laboratory experiments.
Consolidated emoluments: Rs. 1,00,000/- per month (Consolidated)
Tenure of the appointment Up to March 31, 2020
Age: Not more than 40 years as on the closing date of Advertisement.
How to apply
At the time of the interview, applicants need to bring duly filled prescribed application form (available below advertisement link), self-attested photocopies of certificates in support of educational qualification, experience, date of birth and in support of information submitted in the application form and one recent passport size color photograph.
The applicant must also bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for the purpose of verification.
NOTE: The selection committee reserves the right to decline to interview the candidates who do not fit the ‘Minimum Educational Qualification & Experience criteria.
General Information/details about the post
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- Relaxation in age, commensurate with educational qualification and or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious applicants, with prior approval of the competent authority.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be considered in each stage of the selection process. Where number of candidates appearing for walk-in interview is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all eligible candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be considered for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the application.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- No interim enquiries/correspondence/ communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.