Opportunity for 4 to 6 months (July to December 2019) Research Training with the project at NABI, Mohali
Applications invited for NABI-Mohali Research Training for 4-6 Months (July to December 2019).
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Mohali, is an autonomous Research & Development Institute under the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
The institute carries out cutting edge research encompassing multiple research areas that include agricultural biotechnology, epigenetics, computational biology & bioinformatics, post-harvest technology, food and nutritional science and technology. To impart high-quality training in advance areas of biotechnology to students of under-graduation (BSc & B.Tech) and post- graduation (MSc&M.Tech).
A bench fee of Rs. 5000/- Per month plus GST @ 18% for 4 to 6 months per trainee shall be charged by the institute from the students or sponsoring institutes after selection by online transfer to NABI, Mohali.
- The fee has to be deposited before the start of the training.
- If any student wants to cancel the confirmed training before its start, an administrative charge (20%) may be deducted by NABI.
- The refund will not be made if the cancellation request is sought during the training period.
The training period for NABI-Mohali Research Training should be for 4 to 6 months between July to December 2019. The training will be conducted at NABI’s main campus and training project should be within the scope of NABI mandates.
The training would be in one of the four areas –
- Agricultural Biotechnology,
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics,
- Food Science and Technology, and
- Nutrition Science and Technology.
Apart from lab works, a trainee may be required to involve in research works in field and growth/tissue-culture chambers for growing and testing research materials.
Registered students from any branches of life sciences/basic sciences/applied sciences/engineering institutes/ colleges/ universities pursuing under graduation or post graduation or having degrees in the above are eligible for NABI’s training programs.
- NABI may arrange accommodation in hostels or guest house (shared) at NABI’s prescribed rate, if available.
- NABI will not reimburse any medical claims incurred during training.
The number of trainees to be required will depend on the scientist’s requirement from time to time.
The selection of trainees shall be through screening-selection committee based on academic merit and experience.
Opportunities are also available for short-term or long-term training sponsored programs by government agencies such as DST, DBT, INSA, NASI, etc. without any fee.
How to apply
The prescribed application format is available on the NABI website (http://www.nabi.res.in/Training.aspx). It should be sent by post to Manager Administration, National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute, Sector-81, Knowledge City, SAS Nagar, Mohali, Punjab-140306.
Documents to be submitted for NABI-Mohali Research Training:
- A filled application form (downloaded from NABI)
- Application form forwarded by Head of Department or Dean or Registrar or Head of the Institute on letterhead, if the candidate is pursuing a degree.
The last date of application to reach NABI: June 05, 2019 by 5:30 PM 11)