Recruitment for the post of “Project Assistant / Fellow” under funded project
Project Assistant/Fellow Vacancy at IISER Tirupati. MSc Biology or Equivalent degree candidates can apply for the Project Assistant/Fellow job at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Tirupati. Check out the details below:
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)
Mangalam B.O., Tirupati – 517 507, Andhra Pradesh, India
Advertisement No.: 12/2019
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals for the following position on contractual basis:
Name of the project Maintenance of Pro-Tumorigenic Repressive Chromatin by NFkB: Towards Novel Therapeutic Approaches and Physiological Insights. The project involves research in the area of Cancer Biology with a focus on Gene Regulation, protein-protein interactions and Signal transduction.
Project Code 30218033
Name of the post Project Assistant / Fellow
No. of post One (1)
Funding Agency SERB, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
Essential: MSc in Biology or Equivalent degree with minimum 60% marks or Equivalent grade.
Desirable: Previous experience in molecular cloning, western blotting and related methods, Mammalian Cell culture, etc.
- Candidates who have qualified any of the national level test like CSIR / UGC – NET / GATE etc. with valid score in score card are eligible for remuneration of Rs. 31000/- + 8% HRA per month (Consolidated).
- Others will be eligible for Rs.16,000/- + 8% HRA per month based on their academic qualification.
Tenure The position is temporary and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance for a maximum of three years. The position is co-terminus with the project.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send their application by email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching duly filled application form available below this advt. (converted into PDF) on or before the last date i.e. 5.00 p.m. on May 15, 2019, Please mention the name of the Post and Project Code in the subject line. No other application form will be accepted.
- The shortlisted candidates will be notified by email for an interview. No separate email/call letter will be issued.
- The print out of the application form sent by email signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience, etc. would be collected at the time of interview. Applicant must bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for verification, along with one set of photo copies.
GENERAL INFORMATION / DETAILS ABOUT THE POST
1) Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
2) The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Tirupati.
3) Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
4) The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
5) The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitled candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
6) No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
7) Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
8) No interim enquiries/ correspondence/ communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
9) Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
10) The candidate selected for this position can also apply for the regular Ph.D. program of IISER Tirupati, provided they satisfy eligibility criteria.