Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. The institute is an integral part of the interdisciplinary NCR Biotech Science Cluster located at Faridabad and is designed as a dynamic, interactive organization with the mission to conduct innovative translational research and to develop research collaborations across disciplines and professions to translate concepts into tangible products to improve human health.
Position Name: Principal Scientist
Number of posts: 01 (one)
Pay: Upto Rs. 1,50,000/- (Consolidated)
Age Limit: 45 years
Qualifications & Experience:
Ph.D. in Biochemistry/Microbiology/ Biotechnology/Life Sciences / Biological Sciences with minimum of 5 years of relevant research experience
Experience: Experience in working with Infectious agents (Virus, Bacteria, Microbes), preferably with clinical samples desirable.
- Setting up Lab
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research proposed in the project
- Coordinate with other departmental teams
- Provide technical guidance on the area of expertise and respond to internal and external queries.
- Monitor staff performance
- Lead a team of researchers/technicians, and coordinate work activity and training sessions.
- Perform assays for the clinical samples, Data analysis, report preparation and submission
Position Name: Lab Manager
Number of posts: 01 (one)
Pay: Upto Rs. 1,00,000/- (Consolidated)
Age Limit: 40 years
Qualifications & Experience:
M.Sc/ M.Tech in Life Sciences or equivalent degree in Biotechnology or in any of the life sciences, laboratory sciences or medical sciences with three years research experience.
Experience: Experience in the areas of; laboratory management skills, knowledge of standard laboratory safety and procedures. Ability to lead and direct other laboratory staff members, additional technical skills and qualifications as well as interpersonal communication skills are desirable.
Job Description: The main function of a laboratory manager is to run the laboratory smoothly, safely and efficiently. The manager is responsible for planning and overseeing of all its activities. The same is responsible for all aspects of laboratory equipment (running and maintenance), supplies, laboratory employees, documentation, relevant computer hard and software(s). Also helps in developing experimental and safety procedures as well as assisting in the development of the laboratory strategic planning, budgeting and procurement plan among others.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Appointment will be made initially on contract for a period of one year with an initial probation period of six months that may be extended at the discretion of the competent
- All educational, professional and technical qualification should be from a recognized Board/University.
- Persons working in Govt. / PSUs / autonomous bodies should apply through proper channel or produce a relevant ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of written test/skill test.
- The experience requirement specified shall be experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications specified for the post.
- Age and other relaxations for direct recruits and departmental candidates: (i). By 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST communities. (ii) By 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC communities. (iii) For Persons with Disabilities (PwD) falling under the following categories : (a) UR – 10 years , b) OBC – 13 years (ci) SC/ST – 15 years (iv) For Ex-servicemen upto the extent of service rendered in defence forces (Army, Navy & Air force) plus 3 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service. (v) Relaxation of 5 years will also be permissible to those who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 01/01/1980 to 31 /12/1989 subject to production of a relevant certificate from concerned authority. (vi) Age is relaxable for Government servants up to 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government, from time to time (vii) There is no upper age limit for the Institute employees who are treated as departmental candidates.
- The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of online applications from candidates.
- Number of positions filled will be as per the Institute’s need and availability of the suitable.
- Number of vacancies may vary based on the requirement at the time of written test/skill test/Interview.
- Outstation SC/ST/PwD candidates called for the Written test/Skill test/Interview will be paid to &fro second class railway fare, as per Govt. of India rules on production of the proof of travel.
- In case a large number of applications are received, the screening will be done to limit the number of candidates to those possessing higher/relevant qualification and experience.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for written test/skill test/interview.
- All results will be published on our website and all future communications will be only through email.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification
Procedure for filling online application:
a) Before filling online application, do keep the following documents handy:
1) A soft copy of your passport size photo and signature.
2) A comprehensive CV (PDF format only) containing details of qualification, positions held, professional experience/distinctions etc.
3) The documents in support of educational qualification and experience (PDF format only) as mentioned below:
- Matriculation Mark sheet
- Intermediate Mark sheet
- Graduation Degree/Mark Sheet
- Post-Graduation Degree/Mark Sheet (if any)
- D or equivalent degree (if any)
- Relevant experience certificates (if any)
4) Caste / Disability certificate in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India, if applicable
5) Application fee is to be deposited online as per details given below:
Note: After successful online payment, a transaction number will be auto generated. Please keep a note of transaction number, transaction date and transaction amount to be filled in the application form
b) Candidates are requested to use Google Chrome Internet browser for best results in submission of online application.
c) Once an online application is submitted, no correction/modification is possible.
d) In case of difficulty in filling up the online form, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
e) On successful submission of your application, an auto-generated email containing a reference number will be sent to the email address provided. Please keep a note of the reference number for future correspondence.
f) Important date:
Last date for submission of online application: 31 May 2019