ICAR-INDIAN AGRICULTURAL STATISTICS RESEARCH INSTITUTE
Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi – 110012 (INDIA)
Walk-in-interview will be held on 04.05.2019 at 11:00 A.M. at ICAR -IASRI, New Delhi for the following posts under the project “Molecular markers for improving reproduction of cattle and buffaloes, funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF)”. The appointment will be on a contractual basis and co-terminus with the project. The incumbent shall not have any claim for regular appointment under ICAR.
Name of the Post: Research Associate (RA)
Number of Post: One (1)
Ph.D.in Bioinformatics / Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Agricultural Statistics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Computer Application or equivalent.
Master’s in Bioinformatics / Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Agricultural Statistics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Computer Application or equivalent with 4 years / 5 years of Bachelor’s degree having 1st division or 60% marks or equivalent overall grade point average, with at least two years of research experience as evidenced from fellowship/associateship/ training/other engagements.
- Knowledge in NGS Data Analysis/ Statistical and computational Genomics/ Bioinformatics
- Knowledge in computer programming, LINUX OS.
- Expertise in use of R/other Bioinformatics software.
Emoluments for RA: Consolidated Rs:40,000/- per month + HRA (for Ph.D. Degree holders) And Rs:38000/- per month + HRA (for Master’s Degree holders)
Age Limit for RA: Age for RA should be not more than 40 years (5 years relaxation for SC/ST/women candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates) as on the date of the interview.
Terms and Conditions:
- Interested candidates fulfilling the above qualifications are invited to appear for Walk-in-interview on the date and time as specified above in Computer Building at ICAR-IASRI, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012, along with filled in application form with one passport size photograph and self attested photocopies of all the certificates/documents and declaration form (as per the format annexed). All the original certificates from matriculation and matriculation onwards, B.Tech or M.Sc certificate (as the case may be) must be produced at the time of interview in either original or provisional, without these certificates, applicants would not be allowed for interview. Candidates should submit one valid ID proof at the time of selection.
- Concealing of facts or canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification or termination.
- The above positions will be filled on contractual basis and co-terminus with the respective project.
- No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in interview.
- The candidate intending to visit for the interview, if any of his near or distant relatives is an employee of the ICAR/IASRI, have to declare his/her name, designation, nature of duties, relationship in writing as detailed in ANNEXURE-III, before start of the interview.
- All the other candidates are also required compulsorily to furnish the declaration as detailed in ANNEXURE-I and ANNEXURE-II) duly signed in the format annexed and submit on the date of interview.
- The total number of vacancies may vary depending on other project requirements, if any, on the date of interview.
- Candidates should produce the No Objection Certificate from their present employer if any.
- The decision of Director, IASRI will be final and binding in all respects.
- Candidates having marks issued in the form of CGPA/OGPA should produce approved conversion table/formula at the time of reporting for the interview, otherwise, their candidature will not be considered.
*Examination conducted by various Central Government Departments/Agencies like CSIR- UGC, ICMR, ICAR, DAE, DST, DBT, GATE, etc., are considered as National Eligibility Test (NET) as mentioned in the OM SR/S9/Z-09/2012 of DST dated 21.10.2014.