IISER Pune is hiring for Junior Research Fellow & Project Assistant positions. Candidates having Masters degree in any branch of life-sciences are encouraged to apply for JRF/PA jobs at IISER Pune. JRF/PA jobs at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune. Interested and eligible candidates can check the details given below:
ADVT. NO.: 28/2019
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for the promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
Indian Nationals fulfilling following advertised criteria may attend Walk-in Interviews:
Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Number of posts: 01 (One)
Name of the Project: “Engineering and modification of bacterial toxins to combat chewing insect pests of Cotton”
Project Code: 008
Minimum Educational Qualifications: Masters or equivalent degree in any branch of life-sciences with valid NET (Life Sciences)/ GATE (Life Sciences)/ CSIRJRF/ DBT-JRF/ any other equivalent national level eligibility test qualified.
- Expression cloning, recombinant expression, purification of recombinant enzymes
- SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, ELISA and protein activity assays
Preference: Candidates having experience with recombinant DNA methods and protein purification will be preferred
Tenure of the appointment: Initially for a period of six months which may be extended further subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the subject.
Consolidated emoluments Rs. 31000/- + 24% HRA per month
Age Not more than 28 years as on the date of Walk-in-interview.
Name of the Post: Project Assistant
Number of posts: 01 (One)
Name of the Project: “Molecular and chemical ecology of the biological control of diamondback moth: revealing the significance of the infochemical communication between bottom-up and topdown factors”
Funding Agency Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
Project Code: 30118370
Minimum Educational Qualifications: Masters or equivalent degree in any branch of life sciences. Candidates awaiting the final semester results may also apply.
- Agriculturally important insects, their rearing, dissections, and bioassays
- Basic plant molecular biology and biochemistry experimentation
- Agrobacterium-mediated plant transformation
- GC-MS and LC-MS operation and data analysis
- Statistical analyses like ANOVA, correlation, multivariate analysis, etc.
Preference: Candidates with experience in Gene Cloning, recombinant expression and agrofiltration will be preferred
Tenure of the appointment: Initially for a period of six months extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project
Consolidated emoluments Rs. 16000/- + 30% HRA per month
Age Not more than 25 years as on closing date of advertisement.
How to Apply for IISER Pune Life Sciences Job
At the time of interview, applicants need to bring duly filled prescribed application form (available below advertisement link), self-attested photocopies of certificates in support of educational qualification, experience, date of birth and in support of information submitted in the application form and one recent passport size colour photograph (Pasted on application form).
The applicant must also bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for the purpose of verification.
Day, Date, Time and venue of the walk-in interviews
Monday, May 06, 2019 at 09.30 AM at Seminar Room No. 34, 2nd Floor at Main Building, IISER Campus, Dr. Homi Bhabha Road – 411008
Candidates reporting after 10.00 AM will not be allowed to appear for Interviews
General Information/details about the post
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- Relaxation in age, educational qualification and or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious applicants, with prior approval of the competent authority.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be considered in each stage of the selection process. Where the number of candidates appearing for walk-in interviews is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all eligible candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be considered for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the application.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- No interim enquiries/correspondence/ communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.