The Wellcome Trust/ DBT India Alliance Grants/Fellowships Internship
The Wellcome Trust/ DBT India Alliance (India Alliance) invites applications for paid Grant internships from suitably qualified persons interested in working alongside its Grants/Fellowship teams based in Hyderabad and New Delhi. It provides the intern an opportunity to learn grants-giving processes and develop research management skills.
|Position Title||Grants/Fellowships Interns|
|Reporting to||Grants Manager/ Fellowships Manager/ Leads|
|Location||New Delhi or Hyderabad, India|
|Duration||One year (renewable); contractual|
|Application Deadline||May 10, 2019|
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting Grants/Fellowship Advisers in processing funding applications and handling award portfolios with due diligence
- Maintaining accurate and organized records according to defined standards
- Working in a team within established deadlines and according to defined standards and controls
Requirements for Grant internships:
- M.Sc in Life Sciences/ Biological Sciences/similar areas; M.Pharm
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Adequate IT skills
- Should be a self-starter and team player
- Eye for detail
- Ability to handle routine tasks effectively and efficiently
Experience working in or with a public, charitable or educational institution
Broad understanding of research funding mechanisms
Remuneration: The remuneration would be based on qualifications and experience.
Application process: Please apply only if you fulfil all the ‘Essential’ requirements.
To apply, please send the following to The HR Manager (email@example.com) by May 10, 2019. Please ensure the subject line reads: “Application for Grants/Fellowship Interns”.
- Your CV (limit 2 pages; Arial Font size 11)
- A cover letter stating why you are suitable for the internship (limit 1 page; Arial Font size 11)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further processing. India Alliance reserves the right not to hire anyone or re-advertise if a suitable person is not found.
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is a Public Charitable Trust registered in India since 2008. It is funded by the Wellcome Trust, UK and Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, with the broad aim of building excellence in biomedical research in India by selecting and supporting future leaders in the field. IA has recently started Phase 2 (2019-24) with expanded operations to include Team Science Grants, Clinical Research Centres and allied activities. In addition to its research Fellowships and Grants, India Alliance supports an integrated research ecosystem that values ethics, good management and the public communication of science to enhance knowledge and drive policy. Details of the work of India Alliance can be seen at http://www.indiaalliance.org/