Candidates having M.Sc. in Environmental Science/ Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology/ Biosciences can apply for Junior Research Fellow vacancy at the Central University of Jammu. Interested and eligible candidates check out all details given below:
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF JAMMU
ADVERTISEMENT NO: CUREVS/2019/203
Applications are invited from Indian nationals to work as ‘Junior Research Fellow’ (JRF) in a research project entitled “Selective removal of inhibitors found in lignocellulosic hydrolysates and simultaneous conversion of mixed sugars into bio-ethanol using microbial consortium” (SERB Project file no. ECR/2018/000672) sponsored by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Government of India.
Name of Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of Position: 1(One)
Duration: One year, extendable up to two years/project duration subject to satisfactory performance.
- Essential Qualifications and experience: M.Sc. in Environmental Science/ Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology/ Biosciences from a recognized University/ Institution with 55% Marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- Desirable Qualifications/Experiences: Candidate who has qualified NET (CSIR/UGC JRF) / NET (LS) / valid GATE / or any other equivalent examination scores will be preferred. Knowledge of Gene cloning, fermentation techniques is desirable.
- Age: preferably less than 28 years.
Salary: 31,000/- + 8.0% H.R.A. (H.R.A is granted if the hostel facility is not provided or not availed) The Candidates without NET! GATE will get fellowship according to SERB rules.
Application Procedure: The application containing a cover letter, detailed CV with recent photograph and name of two referees in a single .pdf file should reach on and before 13th May 2019, by e-mail only (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Contact Details: Dr. Anita Singh Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental Sciences, Central University of Jammu, Jammu – 181143, J &.K, India.
E-mail: email@example.com Ph: +91-9419294912
Term: The services of the selected candidate will be as per SERB guidelines. The project fellowship is a full-time position. The selected candidate shall not draw money from any other source.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview, No TA/DA will be paid for attending the same. The candidate selected will be required to join as early as possible.
The Selected candidate has to work in the field and laboratory. The work includes the collection of samples from the field, preparation of the samples, analysis of the samples, preparation of reports and manuscripts. The candidate should be willing to travel.
Other Terms and conditions:
- The candidates called for interview are not entitled for TA/DA.
- This temporary appointment will be for a specific period and their services will automatically stand terminated either with the termination of the project/scheme or even before at the discretion of the competent authority’
- The appointment will not be bestowed upon them any claim for regular employment’
- Application should be made on plain paper’ giving name, address, parent’s name, telephone no., E-mail address, date of birth, a recent photograph, details of academic qualifications (from class 10th onward, with copies of all mark sheets/certificate, etc.) and a brief write up on previous research experience, if any’
- Candidates should also bring no objection certificate from the Employer in case he/she is employed elsewhere.
- The competent authority reserves the right to fill up or not to fill the vacancies notified in this advertisement.