Registration is now open for the AIIMS-PhD Programme 2019. The official notification for the AIIMS New Delhi PhD Programme 2019 Admissions has been released.
ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
ANSARI NAGAR, NEW DELHI – 110 608
Admission Notice No.33/2019
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi invites Online applications for Entrance Examination through online (CBT) mode in Delhi/NCR for admission in Ph.D. Programme Jan. & July 2019 session (clubbed). The details are given below:
Date for Online Registration of applications
|Name of Course||Ph.D. Programme|
|Closes on||06.05.2019 at 05:00 PM|
Eligibility for the Ph.D. course
Non-Medical – For non-medical candidates eligibility shall be Master’s Degree (two years course) awarded by Indian Universities or equivalent in the subject as per the requirement of the project. Candidates holding M.Sc. (Other than M.Sc. Nursing) M.Tech. degree & BAMS will be eligible for the Non-Medical Qualification Category.
Candidate possessing a Masters Degree through distant learning course shall not be eligible While seeking project details from the department, the desired qualification of Masters Degree to be suitable for project work should be mentioned by the respective department. The same will be displayed along with the Number of Seats & Department.
Candidate having eligibility under non-medical category should have at least 60% marks in the last eligibility examination qualified.
The non-medical candidates should have preferably qualified in any one of the following national entrance tests in the last 2 years:
- Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF
- ICMR – JRF
- ICMR- SRF
- DBT – JRF
- DBT – SRF
- NBHM screening test
- Graduate aptitude test (GATE)
- INSPIRE fellowship
- UGC – JRF
- UGC – SRF
- CSIR – JRF
- CSIR – SRF
- DST – JRF
- DST – SRF
Candidates who have qualified in above-said examinations leading to the award of fellowships will be given special weightage in the entrance examination as detailed in method of selection part of guidelines.
* Candidates working under Central Govt./Semi Govt./Autonomous organization should submit their applications through proper channel i.e. employer. They will be required to submit a ‘No Objection Certificate” from their employer before they are allowed to join the Ph.D. Course.
* The candidates who are likely to complete the requisite qualification and degree by 31 st July 2019 may also apply. However, the candidates who are completing their requisite qualification after 31 st July 2019 are not eligible to take up this examination.
* Applicants from AIIMS Faculty/Scientific Staff for Ph. D. registration will be considered as in-service candidates as per guidelines laid down by AIIMS in this regard.
* A candidate is allowed to submit application for one specialty/department only.
DURATION OF THE COURSE
- A minimum period of registration in respect of all the candidates who are registered for Ph.D. shall be three years. The maximum period of registration shall not exceed five years. Extension beyond the period of 5 years can be given for a maximum period of 6 months on the recommendation of Dean Committee and final approval by Dean/Director.
- Further extension beyond 5 years & 6 months can only be given by the Academic Committee for a maximum period of 6 months in highly exceptional circumstances (like medical exigencies, natural calamities, etc.) and such extension may not be given retrospectively.
- The Chief guide of Ph.D. Student shall give a clear reason for the delay to the Academic Committee and must present the case before the Academic Committee.
- In case of extension beyond 6 years without justifiable reasons and circumstances as mentioned above, the Ph.D. registration of the candidate shall be canceled.
- Failure to submit a thesis within a stipulated time period of maximum 5yrs. with extension after approval upto 5½ years (6 years in exceptional circumstances by prior approval of Academic Committee) shall lead to cancellation of Ph.D. registration of the candidate.
Centre for Examination: Examination will be conducted in Delhi/NCR only in through online (CBT) modes.
How to Apply for AIIMS-PhD Programme 2019:
Candidate should fill in the Online Application Form taking utmost care and follow the instructions and help manual as given in the APPENDIX – II of the Prospectus, step by step. Candidate should fill in the Online Application form correctly. The incorrectly filled form may lead to rejection.
ONLINE REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM
A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to submit his/her application in the prescribed format available online with the Prospectus on www.aiimsexams.org. The cost of Application Form includes the fee for entrance examination which is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. The candidate is required to go through the Prospectus carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling of the online application form.
Online Registration: After selecting the online registration, fill the mandatory details asked for and deposit the prescribed fee through debit/credit card/Net Banking. After submitting fees filled required information step by step. Follow the Instructions scrupulously.
It will be the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that correct details are filled in the Registration Form. The Institute will not be responsible for any incorrect information/cancellation of candidature/loss or lack of communication etc. due to wrong filled online Application form.
No candidate should register more than one application.
All applicants are required to ensure that Photo/Signature/Left Thumb Impression is uploaded according to the instructions provided in the Prospectus. Failure to do so may result in rejection of applications. Duplicate applications from any applicant will result in cancellation of all such applications. No intimation regarding such summary rejections will be provided.
Declaration of Results of AIIMS-PhD Programme 2019
Results for Ph.D. Programme will be available on the website at www.aiimsexams.org Result of individual candidate will NOT be informed on telephone and candidates are advised NOT to call the Examination Section for such information. However, the individual result can be checked after the closing of the admission process.
Application Fee for AIIMS-PhD Programme 2019
- General / OBC Category: Rs.1500/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- SC/ST Category: Rs.1200/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- PWBD Candidates is exempted from any Fee Mode of payment: Through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
Date of Entrance Examination
|Name of Course||Ph.D. Programme|
|Date of Exam||21.05.2 019|
|Duration of Exam||10:00 AM to 11:30 AM|
|Exam Centre Location||Delhi/NCR|
Last date for Online Registration of Application on AIIMS website www.aiimsexams.org 06.05.2019 (upto 05:00 P.M.)
Important: For Prospectus, detailed information, etc. please visit the website www.aiimsexams.org. All applicants are required to visit the website regularly since all subsequent Corrigendum/Addendum/Updates will be uploaded on the website only