Centre for Human Genetics
Biotech Park, Electronics City Phase I, Bengaluru 560 100
MSc Degree in Human Disease Genetics: 2019-21 (Degree awarded by Bangalore University)
Advt No. CHG/BU/SP/2019-20, dt. 4th April 2019
The Centre for Human Genetics, Bangalore, invites applications for admission to the MSc programme in Human Disease Genetics for the session 2019-21.
This is a unique interdisciplinary programme at the interface of modern biology and medicine. It covers fundamental cell and molecular biology, population biology, statistics, human genetics, genomics, clinical genetics and genetic counseling.
The curriculum consists of lectures, laboratory work, seminars and discussions and includes a strong component of research, case studies and activity-based learning
The programme can be viewed as the first step towards a professional career in human genetics, disease diagnostics, and allied bio-medical fields or towards advanced studies leading to a Ph.D. or M D degree.
Eligibility & Admission Criteria
- Applicants with the following degrees are eligible: B.Sc., B.Tech, BE, MBBS, BDS, BPharm. Exceptionally motivated applicants from other streams can also be considered (with an undergraduate degree).
- Applicants are required to obtain at least 50% marks (average) in his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- Selection for the course is based on (i) educational record, (ii) online entrance test (see below) and (iii) interview at CHG (see below).
- There will be a preliminary selection based on performance in the online entrance test.
Application Fees (non-refundable)
- Resident Indians: Rs. 500/-
- Non-resident Indians/Non-Indians: Rs. 1,000/-
- For SC/ST applicants and persons with disabilities: Rs. 200/-
Guidelines for filling and submission of your application
- The application form is available online.
- Fill in your name exactly as it appears in your degree certificate; avoid abbreviations.
- Indicate valid email IDs that you use most often. This is critical for the smooth operation of the application process.
- Enclose/upload self-attested photocopies of mark-sheets starting from 10th standard up to the highest degree obtained and the degree certificate, along with the application.
- Do not send original mark sheets, certificates or any other original documents.
- Application fee is to be paid through NEFT or by Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of Centre for Human Genetics payable at Bangalore. Please write your name at the back of the DD and mention ‘Master’s programme’.
- Applications will be processed only on receipt of the application fee.
- All the original certificates should be produced for verification at the time of interview.
- Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
- Migration certificate issued by your previous University is a requirement for joining the M.Sc. course.
The total fees for the 2-year course is estimated to be approximately Rs.1,75,000/- Rs.1,75,000/-, payable in four installments. Hostel and mess fees are extra. The course fees are as approved by Bangalore University and are subject to revision by the University. Fee concession is available to eligible applicants.
Application forms are available online.
Last date for receiving applications: 15th May 2019
Date of online test: Sunday, 19th May 2019
Interview dates: 28th, 29th & 30th May 2019
Programme starts on: Monday, 22nd July 2019
Queries and correspondence: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mobile: 9482864314