CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology Ph.D. 2019
CSIR-IGIB PhD 2019 Admission notification is out now. Check out all the details on CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) PhD admissions 2019.
The CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) invites applications from bright young individuals from diverse backgrounds with strong motivation and good academic credentials to pursue research in the frontier areas of modern biology leading to a Ph.D. degree.
The broad interdisciplinary research areas are genomics and molecular medicine, genome informatics and structural biology, chemical and systems biology, respiratory disease biology and environmental biotechnology.
Eligibility for CSIR-IGIB PhD 2019 Admission
Masters degree (M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm) with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in any branch of Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Computer Science or allied subjects with special interest in Biology.
- B.Tech (in Biological sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology)/B.Pharm/B.E./MBBS candidates with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) may also apply.
- In addition to this, all candidates should also have obtained at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in their XII th standard board examination.
- Both the criteria are relaxed for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates to a minimum of 55% in the highest qualifying exam and at the XII th standard board examination.
- Candidates who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are allowed to appear, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
Please convert CGPA grades to percentage.
M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E/MBBS candidates should hold CSIR-UGC(JRF)/DBT(JRF)/ICMR- JRF/DST-INSPIRE or equivalent (fellowship certificate should be valid at least till June 30, 2019, in all cases). Fellowship conditions should allow them to work in CSIR Laboratories and under CSIR projects. B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E students who fulfill the conditions for GATE-JRF fellowship (http://csirhrdg.nic.in/gate.html) are also eligible. Eligible candidates will have to appear for interviews at CSIR-IGIB.
Age Limit for CSIR-IGIB PhD 2019 Admission
Upper age limit is 28 years (as on the closing date of application, May 30, 2019) which is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy)/physically handicapped persons as well as women candidates as per Govt. of India rules in this regard.
- GATE is NOT a valid fellowship to join the program for Masters degree holders. GATE-JRF is the only valid fellowship scheme strictly for candidates who have BTech or equivalent as highest qualification as per guidelines given at http://csirhrdg.nic.in/gate.html. CSIR/UGC-LS qualified candidates are not eligible.
- Please note that JGEEBILS/TIFR entrance exam/IISc entrance examination and similar examinations are NOT valid fellowship examinations for CSIR-IGIB. Please do not apply with these examinations as your fellowship source.
Link to the application form is available at www.igib.res.in and at the bottom of this page.
Refreshing page or pressing back button of the browser will reset all the details you entered. Please fill in your Gender and Category before you proceed to fill up the date of birth or your qualifications.
- In case you have made a mistake please refresh or close the tab.
- You can restart the process again to complete the registration process successfully.
- You will require the following for application, so please keep these handy while applying.
- It is important to note that particulars once submitted are not editable, so in order to apply you need to complete the process in one sitting.
PRE-REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
- Application number from AcSIR portal.
Application number generated after registering and applying on the AcSIR admission portal (acsir.res.in). The portal is open from 19 April 2019 to 23 May 2019. Please note that you would require the APPLICATION NUMBER that you get after completing the application form. This is NOT the same as the registration number (obtained while creating account in the AcSIR portal) for applying to CSIR-IGIB PhD program. The AcSIR portal for application is http://126.96.36.199/acsir/online-admission/portal/acsir-online-adm-portal/index.php#/. Please choose CSIR-IGIB as the primary Institute for application. In case you face any difficulty with online application form please inform Pratima or Priyanka at email@example.com well in advance of the deadline.
- A digital passport photograph NOT more than 2MB in size.
- Details of your educational qualifications (marks, subjects, university, year of passing, etc). Please convert CGPA grades to percentage.
- A succinctly written research proposal highlighting the following
- Title of the proposal
- Introduction on the problem.
- What is not known?
- How do you aim to solve it?
- 1-page schematic (can be hand-drawn, or computer made) on the proposal. The total proposal can be maximally 1500 words (excluding the figure). The proposal file should be a single pdf file containing the schematic. It needs to be uploaded during the application process. Please write and keep this ready this before initiating the application process.
- Fellowship details.
- Candidates will have to submit a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000/- [Rs 500/- for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates]. The payment needs to be made through an online payment portal. Please keep your net-banking details or your card details available with you.
With all these documents please proceed to the portal Registration Form to fill the application form for CSIR-IGIB
After filling in the first step of the application process, you will be led to a page to confirm the details. Please check the details carefully. Once you have confirmed the details, you will be redirected to the payment gateway. The payment amount will be determined as per the criteria given above. Once payment is successful you will be redirected back to our site for the transaction and registration details. You will get your admit card in your registered email address following this.
In case the payment is made and you have not obtained your registration details, please do not initiate another payment. Kindly write a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve the issue. Please read the details provided in the admit card carefully. In case of any problem please contact us at email@example.com.
Selection Process for CSIR-IGIB PhD 2019 Admission
All candidates fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria will be invited through email for appearing for interviews at CSIR-IGIB, Delhi, from the 16th to the 19th of June 2019. Candidate should report at the venue for the interview by 8:30 am on the scheduled date. There will be two rounds of interviews. The first round will be aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyze and reason along with the aptitude of the candidate in biological sciences. Candidates will be called either on the 16th or the 17th of June for this. The candidates will be informed of their dates through the Admit Card that they obtain after completing the application process and successful payment.
Candidates shortlisted based on the first round of interviews will have to appear for the second round of interviews on the 18th of June 2019. The candidates will be evaluated for their aptitude in biological sciences with special focus on their research proposal that they are to submit at the time of application. The candidates should be ready to make a short 10 minute presentation based on their research interest and research proposal.
Candidates finally selected will have a mandatory interaction session with the scientists of the Institute on the 19th of June 2019.
The names of the successful candidates eligible to join CSIR-IGIB Ph.D. program will be declared on or before 26th June 2019. The selected candidates are required to join CSIR-IGIB between 27th June and 16th July 2019.
Students are usually enrolled in AcSIR. Selected candidate need to pay a non-refundable fee at the time of admission (Rs 10000 for general category and Rs 5000 for SC/ST/ OBC(non-creamy) candidates).
No TA/DA will be paid at any stage of the selection process. The decision of the Admission Committee will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
Canvassing of any form and/or bringing in any influence will be treated as a disqualification. In case of eligible candidates with already activated JRF fellowships, the consent letter from appropriate authority is to be submitted to CSIR-IGIB at the time of interview otherwise the candidature is liable to cancellation.
Candidates should note that non-fulfillment of the eligibility criteria will result in cancellation of the candidature at any stage of admission process without refund of the application fee.