Zoological Survey of India Recruitment
Government job vacancies for Life Sciences and Zoology candidates. Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) jobs for MSc life Sciences candidates. Life Sciences Research Job. Check out the details given below:
Name of Project: “Microstructure, individual and sub-species variations of song in Indian Robin Copsychus fulicata (Family: Muscicapidae)”
Position Name: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of Posts: 01
Monthly Emoluments: Rs. 31000+ HRA* per month (first two years) and Rs. 35000+HRA* per month (for 3rd year).
Eligibility/Educational Qualification: First Class M.Sc. degree in Life Sciences/ Zoology/ Forestry/ Ornithology or equivalent with preferable background of ‘Animal Behaviour and/or Avian Biology’ with valid GATE/CSIR/UGC-NET score.
Position Name: Field Assistant (FA)
No. of Posts: 01
Monthly Emoluments: Rs. 20,000/- + HRA* (first two years) and Rs. 22,500/- + HRA* per month (for 3 rd year)
Eligibility/Educational Qualification: M.Sc. degree in Life Sciences/ Zoology/ Forestry/ Ornithology or equivalent with a preferable background of ‘Animal Behaviour and/or Avian Biology’.
Remarks: For Field Assistant applicants without NET will also be considered. In case non-availability of NET qualified candidate, the position of JRF may be considered as Field Assistant and filled, accordingly. Fellowship will be as per the SERB rules and regulations. If candidates are not found as per SERB guidelines, the fellowship will be 16000-18000+HRA.
Duration: Initially up to one year, may be extended for a further period(s) based on satisfactory performance of individual and funding.
Date & Place of Interview: 29-04-2019 at 11:00 PM at Northern Regional Centre, Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun-248195, Uttarakhand, India.
- The above posts are purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
- The upper age limit is as on the date of interview. The age limit may be relaxed as per Government of India rules and regulations).
- Candidates appearing for the walk-in-interview are required to register up to 9:30 to 10:15 AM on the day of interview (29/04/2019) at Zoological Survey of India, Northern Regional Centre, 218, Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun.
- Candidates should bring the duly filled-in application with attested true copies of testimonials of qualifications, experience, date of birth etc. along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations. All original documents should be produced at the time of registration.
- The offer of appointment to the candidates will be on purely contractual basis up to one year initially and it may be extended for a further period(s) based on further project extension and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
- The selected candidate needs to join immediately or at a short notice.
- No TA/DA will be provided to the candidates for appearing for the interview.
- The application form can be downloaded from the Zoological Survey of India website www.zsi.gov.in.
- The Director, Zoological Survey of India, reserves the right to selection or rejection of any candidature and cancellation of the walk-in-interview.
- Candidates may send an electronic copy of their duly filled application form by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning SERB project in the subject line.
- Incomplete application forms/applications with misrepresented facts will not be considered.
- Contact Details of the Principal Investigator: Dr. Anil Kumar, Scientist-D, Zoological Survey of India, Northern Regional Centre, Dehradun- 248195, Uttarakhand, India. E-mail: email@example.com; Contact No. 9418080416.
- Contact Details of the Officer-in-Charge, ZSI, NRC: Dr. Gaurav Sharma, Scientist-E & Officer-in-Charge, Northern Regional Centre, Zoological Survey of India, Dehradun248195, Uttarakhand, India. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Contact No. 0135-2754939.