Admission to M.Tech – Full Time (Self-Sponsored) for the Academic Year2019-2020 (Session July-2019)
Applications are invited for admission to M.Tech – Full Time (Self-Sponsored) in Engineering, for the Academic Year 2019-2020 (Session July-2019), Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, Reservation, Teaching Assistantship-cum-Scholarships, etc. are given below.
M.Tech (Self-Sponsored) Programme:
Department: Department of Bio-Technology
Total Seats: 17
M. Tech (Self-Sponsored) Programme:
- 4-year B.Tech/ BE/ BSc (Engineering) in relevant branch of Engineering/Technology with a first class or minimum 60% marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale).
- GATE Qualified candidates shall be admitted without any entrance test, based upon the GATE score.
- Non-GATE candidates shall be admitted based upon the admission test to be carried out by the respective department(s).
How to apply:
The link to fill the online application form can be accessed through Institute website www.nitj.ac.in. Please submit separate application forms, if applying for more than one programme. Copy of the application forms duly filled, accompanied by self-attested copies of the relevant certificates/testimonials, along with details of Application Fee of Rs1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates), in an envelope which must be superscribed as, “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO M.Tech (Self-Sponsored) IN THE DEPARTMENT OF ________,” should reach the concerned „Head of the Department’ by the due date as per schedule given.
Incomplete application forms and application forms received after the due date (5:00 PM of 15 th May 2019) or without application fee as applicable/without attested copies of documents/certificates/testimonials shall be rejected during scrutinizing. The application fee shall not be refunded in any case.
- An applicant is required to apply on different application forms in case he/she wants his/her candidature to be considered in more than one Department.
- Category (General/OBC/SC/ST/PWD/Economically Weaker Section (EWS)) once chosen by the applicant in his/her application form shall not be changed at a later stage. Candidate(s) claiming any reservation category (OBC/SC/ST/PWD/EWS) and General category, should apply on separate application forms for the purpose.
- OBC/EWS Certificate must have been issued on or after 01st April 2019 so that the candidates from creamy layer are identified. No certificate issued before this date shall be acceptable.
- Submission of Result of Qualifying Examination and other documents: For candidates whose result of qualifying examination is awaited, they shall be given provisional admission after an undertaking that they shall submit the result up to 30 th September 2019, failing which their admission shall automatically stand canceled.
- Certificate Checking: The certificates (in original) of all the candidates recommended for admission shall be checked by the individual Department before deposition of fee by the candidates.
- The candidate (in service) applying for above-mentioned programmes need to apply through proper channel. Any application without “No Objection Certificate” from the employer shall not be considered for shortlisting.
- The application without application fee as applicable/self-attested copies of documents/certificates/testimonials shall be rejected and shall not be considered for shortlisting.
The reservation rules will be followed as per Government of India guidelines prevailing at the time of admission, at the Institute level (i.e. 40.5% for General, 27% for OBC, 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST and 10% for EWS category).
|Last date for submission of Applications||15.05.2019|
|Display of list of eligible candidates||20.05.2019|
|Written Test (in the respective Department. Reporting time 9:00 AM)||27.05.2019|
|Display of list of selected candidates||31.05.2019|
|Deposition of fee& Registration||15.06.2019|
|Last date of deposition of fee, registration and commencement of classes||Will be notified on website|
All the dates mentioned above are tentative subject to change at any stage by the competent authority. All the candidates interested in seeking admission are requested to kindly visit the Institute website regularly for updates.
The Link for Online Application Form for Admission to M.Tech – Full Time (Self-Sponsored) Programme will be activated Soon
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.