ICAR-Central Institute for Subtropical Horticulture
Research Fellow Position vacant at ICAR-Central Institute for Subtropical Horticulture for candidates having MSc Life Sciences/ Biochemistry, Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology. Eligible candidates can attend the walk-in interview that has been scheduled on 27 April 2019.
Title of Project: Genomics-assisted identification of Resistance genes from wild relatives of guava against Meloidogyne enterolobii causing wilt.
Position Name: Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts: 01
Emoluments: Rs. 31,000/- per month for the first 2 years, Rs. 35,000/- per month in 3rd year.
Duration of Project: 3 years (Feb 2019 — Feb 2022)
Age Limit: The upper age limit is 28 years at the time of appointment. Age relaxation as per government norms for SC/ST/OBC/PC/OH/Women candidates.
Essential Qualification: Post Graduate (M.Sc.) in Life Sciences/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/ Basic sciences with specialization in Biotechnology with minimum 70% marks (or) Graduate in professional course (B.Tech.) specialization in Biotechnology and with NET qualification with minimum 70% marks (or) Postgraduate in professional course (M.Tech/ M.Sc.Ag) with specialization in Biotechnology with minimum 60% marks.
Desirable Qualification: Experience in Bioinformatics/Transcriptome and proteome data analysis. Preference would be given to candidates with NET or any national level examinations qualification and/or research experience in molecular biology for > 2 years.
Nature of post: The position is purely temporary. The PI and Institute reserve the right to terminate the engagement of the JRF at any time, if the performance is not satisfactory.
Venue: ICAR-Central Institute for Subtropical Horticulture (CISH), Raebareli Road Campus
Bari Lalkurti Bazar, Telibagh, P.O.-Dilkusha, Lucknow-226002 (U.P.)
Date: 27 April 2019.
Time: 10.30 AM
- One photocopy of all the necessary documents along with the CV has to be submitted for attending the walk-in-interview.
- Selection process for JRF will be based on written test and interview.
- Candidates should produce originals for verification at the time of interview. The original credentials include; X, XII class mark sheets, degree certificates, birth certificate, community certificate, experience certificate, certificate, experience certificate, recommendation letters, etc.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature
- The Director’s decision will be final and binding in all respects.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.