Post-Doctoral Fellow Vacancy @ Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals having an excellent academic record and relevant work experience for the following position purely on temporary and contractual basis under the funded project:
Post Title: Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF)
No. of post: 1 (One)
Name of the project: Centre of Excellence in Epigenetics
Funding Agency: Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
Project code: 30816267
Minimum Qualifications and Experience: Ph.D. in Life Sciences from a recognized university / Institute with a consistent first-class academic record above 60% and equivalent grade with relevant research experience as evidenced from thesis work carried out in a reputed scientific Institution and/or publications. Ph.D. degree should be awarded no earlier than March 2017.
Preference: Candidates having hands-on experience in using animal models, advanced molecular biology techniques including quantitative RT-PCR, genotyping and NGS library preparation and/or data analysis, Practical experience in immunohistochemistry and confocal microscopy may be preferred. Experience with transgenic and knockout animals would be preferred. Candidate should have published at least two first author articles in peer-reviewed journals in relevant fields.
Consolidated emoluments: Rs. 36,000/- + 30% to Rs. 38,000/- + 30% HRA per month depending upon the experience
Tenure of appointment: Initially for a period of one year which may be extended subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project.
Age: Not more than 35 years as on closing date of advertisement.
HOW TO APPLY
1) Eligible candidates should send the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in the prescribed format available below this advertisement (convert into PDF Format) on or before April 26, 2019. Please mention “Post-Doctoral Fellow, Project Code: 30816267” in the subject line of the e-mail.
2) List of shortlisted candidates for selection process with details of date, time and venue will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and candidates will be informed by email only.
3) A recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected at the time of selection process. Applicant must bring all the original certificates at the time of selection process for the purpose of verification, along with one set of self-attested photocopies
General Information/details about the post
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- Relaxation in age, educational qualification and or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious applicants, with prior approval of the competent authority.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
Last date of applications April 26, 2019
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.