Life Sciences Research Associate Job
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for the promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
Indian Nationals fulfilling following advertised criteria may attend Walk-in Interview:
Name of the Post: Research Associate (RA)
No. of posts: 01(One)
Name of the Project: “Internal state-dependent modulation of decisionmaking: CART neuropeptide in coordinating energy levels with risk-taking behavior at the amygdala”
Project Code: 30117314
Funding Agency: Department of Science and Technology (DST)
Minimum Educational Qualification & Experience:
Ph.D. in any branch of Life Sciences or equivalent. Candidates, who have submitted their thesis but have not yet received their degrees, may also apply.
Candidate must have at least one peer-reviewed international publication from his / her Ph.D.
- Rodent handling and rodent behavior
- Basics of rodent neuroanatomy.
- Experience in stereotaxic surgery on rat/mouse brain
- Bright field and fluorescence microscopy and morphometric analysis
Preference: Candidates having research articles demonstrating competence in brain and behavior studies using the approaches indicated above will be preferred
- Rs.36, 000/- per month + 30% HRA.
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis but not completed defense (i.e. candidates without a provisional certificate of having qualified for the degree), will be designated as SRF and paid Rs. 28,000 + 30% HRA till the time of submission of Provisional Ph.D. certificate.
Tenure of the appointment: Initially for one year, extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the study project.
Age: Not more than 35 years as on the closing date of Advertisement.
HOW TO APPLY:
At the time of the interview, applicants need to bring duly filled prescribed application form (available below advertisement link), self-attested photocopies of certificates in support of educational qualification, experience, date of birth and in support of information submitted in the application form and one recent passport size colour photograph.
The applicant must also bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for the purpose of verification.
Day, Date, Time & Venue of Walk-in-interview: Monday, April 22, 2019 at 10.00 AM at Seminar Room No. 34, Second Floor, Main Building, IISER Pune, Dr. Homi Bhabha Road – 411008
General Information/details about the post
- The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- Relaxation in age, educational qualification and or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious applicants, with prior approval of the competent authority.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be considered in each stage of the selection process. Where the number of candidates appearing for walk-in interview is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all eligible candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be considered for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the application.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview. 8. Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- No interim enquiries/correspondence/ communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- .Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.