Project Specialist Scientist Vacancy
Those looking for an opportunity to facilitate challenging work on the Himalayan ecosystem are invited to apply for Project Specialist Scientist Positions.
Position Title: Project Specialist Scientist
Age: Max 40 years. However, in case exceptionally deserving candidate relaxation in age can be considered.
Master Degree in Physical Sciences/ Life Sciences/ Social Sciences with 4-5 years post qualification experience
Skills of editing scientific reports and document designing and technical report preparation.
Initially, these positions are for one year only and may be extended on case to case basis depending upon the performance.
- Ph.D. in any of the above fields
- Good comprehension and communication skills, well versed with Himalayan Sites, Computer certificate course of minimum 6-month duration
- Working experience in the Himalayan region in Projects.
Nature of Duties & Responsibilities
- Efficient coordination of PMU activities with GBPNIHESD
- Assist in the organization of STAG and Steering Committees;
- Help in establishing linkages/ coordination with regional units/partners institutions/ organizations;
- Assist in project monitoring, report writing, synthesis, liaison with other Institutions/ Ministries and within MoEF&CC, etc.;
- Effective Information sharing and dissemination using suitable mediums such as Newsletter/service active portal etc.;
- Help develop policy briefs around the assessment studies for communicating to concerned divisions/ ministries/ stakeholders;
- Organize relevant consultations, workshops, conferences, seminars involving diverse stakeholders (as per the need of the Action Plan of the NMHS).
*Relaxation in age for SC/ST/OBC/PH/Women candidates as per the GOI/ Institute norms.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview or contacted over phone/e-mail for personal discussion/ interview/ test to be held at MoEF&CC, Indira Paryavaran Bhavan New Delhi (please provide your contact details – mobile/e-mail with application). No TA/DA will be given to the candidates called for Interview.
How to apply
Apply by providing complete bio-data (in the format given in Annexure I and II) with required details by 30 April, 2019 to the Administrative Officer, G.B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment and Sustainable Development, Kosi-Katarmal, Almora 263643, Uttarakhand by speed post (copy by e-mail: email@example.com) for purely temporary project based position of “Project Management Unit (PMU)” under the National Mission on Himalayan Studies, to be based at Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Indira Paryavaran Bhavan, Jorbagh Road, Aliganj, New Delhi.