Global Fellowship Scheme
The Global Fellowship Scheme provides prestigious awards to enable talented scholars from around the globe to spend anywhere between one week to a month at St Andrews. During this time, you will be able to undertake a course of research and study, explore potential collaborations, enhance existing relationships, advance research work, and find the space to think in an inspirational environment.
This scheme builds on one of the University’s most ancient traditions, that of attracting the best minds from every corner of the globe to this historic and dynamic intellectual corner of Europe.
The University of St Andrews Global Fellowship Scheme is aimed at emerging and established scholars who are making a considerable impact on their respective field of study, and who have, or are developing, a distinguished research record.
The Fellowship scheme will support and enhance high-quality research collaborations with academics from around the world, and to promote areas of world-leading research, particularly in areas that engage with some of the biggest societal questions facing the world today.
The scheme seeks to:
- enable academics across the globe to undertake a programme of research and study within the unique scholarly community at the University of St Andrews
- provide an opportunity for Fellows to contribute to and participate in the vibrant academic life of the School where they are hosted and the wider University
- create opportunities to develop and foster long-term collaborative partnerships with colleagues at St Andrews
- enable academics from around the world to engage with St Andrews’ research themes outlined in the University Strategy
- develop lasting links between St Andrews and scholars anywhere in the world.
Global Fellowships are open to researchers based outside the UK who can demonstrate a strong commitment to quality research and collaboration.
Eligible candidates include researchers active within the humanities, medicine, social sciences or sciences. Candidates may be talented early career academics or established researchers with a considerable track record of achievement. It is expected that applicants will have achieved a PhD. These awards may be combined with other schemes to allow for an extended visit.
Suitable candidates are researchers who have, or are developing, a distinguished publication record in any discipline.
Visiting fellows are expected to participate in the life of their School and the University by interacting with staff and students and participating in research seminars and other scholarly activities.
How to apply
You should send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- short CV
- cover letter outlining the principal benefits of your visit to both yourself and the School and University. The cover letter should also indicate the proposed duration of your visit.
There are up to 20 Global Fellowships available per year. Expenses for Global Fellows will be covered by the Fellowship for the duration of a visit of between one week and one month.
The next selection for the inaugural Global Fellowships will take place in April 2019.