Walk-in-interview on April 22, 2019 at 10.00 AM for a Senior Research Fellow Position under Raja Ramanna Fellowship Project at IISER Kolkata
A Senior Research Fellow position is available in the interface of chemistry and biology under the supervision of Arabinda Chaudhuri, PhD who has recently joined the Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata as Government of India’s Raja Ramanna Fellow. The research activities will be centred around designing receptor specific liposomal drug and gene carriers for use in targeted cancer therapy and in dendritic cell based cancer immunotherapy.
Title of project: Liposomal drug/gene delivery systems for use in targeted cancer therapy and in vivo dendritic cell targeted DNA vaccination
Funding agency: DAE, Government of India
Principle Investigator: Dr. Arabinda Chaudhuri, Raja Ramanna Fellow, Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata
Remuneration: Rs. 28,000/ plus HRA per month.
Tenure: Initially for a period of one year, extendable for up to 3 years subject to satisfactory progress in the project.
Basic Eligibility Criteria: Highly motivated and bright students with M.Sc. in Chemistry or Biochemistry with minimum 60% marks or minimum CGPA of 7.5. The candidate should possess qualifications prescribed for JRF with two years of research experience.
Age limit: Must not be over 33 years as on April 22, 2019 which is relaxable for certain reserved categories as per rules of Government of India. Relaxation in age, educational qualification or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates.
Desirable additional experience and qualifications:
Minimum two years research experience in synthesis of amphiphilic molecules and in working with liposomal drug & gene delivery systems with at least one publication in peer reviewed journals; at least one year research experience in animal cell culture techniques. Familiarity with in vivo animal research protocols would be very useful.
How to Apply:
A detailed CV prior to the interview must be emailed to email@example.com latest by 20th April, 2019. Candidates are requested to come for a walk-in interview with their CV and proof of qualifications on April 22, 2019 at 9:30 AM in the Discussion Room No. I, 3rd Floor, TRC Building, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata, Mohanpur, Nadia-741246, West Bengal.
- No TA / DA will be provided to the candidate for the interview.
- The decision of the selection committee will be final.
- If the number of candidates appearing for the walk-in interview is large, the selection committee may decide to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
- The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure, if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.
Arabinda Chaudhuri, PhD, FASc, FRSC
Raja Ramanna Fellow
Department of Chemical Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata
West Bengal, Tel: 91+ 33 2502 8000 (Extn: 1339)
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.