CSIR-CENTRAL FOOD TECHNOLOGICAL RESEARCH
INSTITUTE MYSURU – 570 020, INDIA
RECRUITMENT OF RESEARCH ASSOCIATE LEVEL-I AND PROJECT ASSISTANTS LEVEL-II
CSIR – Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysuru a constituent National Laboratory of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), invites applications from eligible candidates for recruitment of 1(One) position of Research Associate Level-I and 1(One) position of Project Assistant Level-II,
Tenure: Initially for a period of one year or till the project is over on a temporary contractual basis.
Project entitled: “Sustainable and cost effective production of stable anthocyanin in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by synthetic biology approach” (GAP-0544) funded by BIRAC-DBT, tenable at the Department of Plant Cell Biotechnology, CSIR-CFTRI, Mysore, Karnataka.
Name of the Position: Research Associate Level-I
No. of Position(s): 1 (One)
Emoluments: Rs.36,000/- (Rupees Thirty Six Thousand only) consolidated per month.
First class in M.Tech. in Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology/Microbiology or Biochemistry with good academic records and with 2 years of research experience or Ph.D. awarded.
Desirable: Molecular techniques such as cloning transformation with proven records.
Name of the Position: Project Assistants Level-II
No. of Position(s): 1 (One)
Emoluments: Rs.25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand only) consolidated per month.
First class in M.Sc. in Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology/ Microbiology or Biochemistry with good academic records.
Desirable: Preferably with one year experience in Molecular biology techniques.
Terms and Conditions:
- Candidates should not have exceeded 35 years of age for RA position and 30 years of age for PAII as on 26.04.2019 i.e. the last date of receiving the applications. Age relaxation as applicable by Govt. of India rules for SC/ST/OBC and women candidates will be considered.
- The engagement of RA-I/PA-II is exclusively for the above mentioned research work.
- The engagement will be contractual and on purely temporary basis for a maximum period of one year or co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier.
- The engagement under the externally funded project does not confer any right/ claim whatsoever either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in CSIR-CFTRI, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions precedent.
- Performance of the RA-I/PA-II will be reviewed every six months. In case the performance is not satisfactory, the fellowship could be terminated with one month’s notice or one month’s stipend in lieu thereof.
- No TA/DA will be given to the candidates for attending the interview.
- If already the candidate is working in CSIR-CFTRI “No objection certificate” from the PI is mandatory at the time of interview.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates may send their application form and complete Bio-data with e-mail address/contact phone number along with attested copies of the necessary certificates in support of date of birth, caste, qualification/experience etc., as hard copy to Dr. Nandini P Shetty, Senior Scientist, Department of plant Cell Biotechnology, CSIR-CFTRI Mysuru–570 020, Karnataka (email:firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 26.04.2019. Application format can be downloaded from the website www.cftri.com.
Applications received after the due date (26.04.2019) will be rejected. The short-listed candidates will be informed about the date of interview and the venue through e-mail/post. Applications incomplete in any of the above respects or lacking relevant documents mentioned above are liable to be rejected.
CANVASSING IN ANY FORM AND / OR BRINGING IN ANY INFLUENCE, POLITICAL OR OTHERWISE WILL BE TREATED AS A DISQUALIFICATION FOR THE POST APPLIED FOR. INTERIM ENQUIRIES WILL NOT BE ATTENDED TO.