ICAR – National Bureau of Agricultural Insect Resources, Bangalore – 560024
Walk-in-interview will be held at ICAR-National Bureau of Agricultural Insect Resources, Hebbal, Bangalore, to recruit one post of Junior Research Fellow to work in DST project titled “Systematic studies on fruit flies of subfamily Tephritinae (Diptera: Tephritidae) from south India with special reference to Western Ghats”
Name of the Project & project-PI: DST project on “Systematic studies on fruit flies of subfamily Tephritinae (Diptera: Tephritidae) from south India with special – reference to Western Ghats ” Dr. K. J. David, Scientist, ICAR- NBAIR, Bangalore
Name of Post: Junior Research Fellow
No of position: 01
Emoluments (Fixed) PM: Rs. 31,000/- pm (consolidated) + HRA
The incumbent will not be eligible for any other allowances
Essential: M.Sc. in Agril. Entomology/ Zoology/ Biotechnology/Any other relevant subject under life sciences .
Those with 3 years Bachelor’s degree must have NET/GATE qualification or equivalent (As per ICAR memorandum F.No.Agri.Edn./6/27/2014/HRD dated 13.07.2015 and F.No. Agri.Edn./6/27/2014/HRD dated 09.10.2015)
Desirable: Knowledge of insect collection, processing and rearing, basics of insect morphology and molecular characterization.
The eligible candidates may appear for the walk -in-interview on 29th April 2019 at 10:30 AM along with their complete bio-data in the Application format furnished in Notification. Those candidates, who wish to send advance copy of the application, may send it in the address given below on or before 29th April 2019.
Dr. K. J. David, Scientist & PI, ICAR-National Bureau of Agricultural Insect Resources, Post Bag No. 2491, H. A. Farm Post, Bellary Road, Hebbal, Bangalore – 560 024
Do not send your original certificates along with application.
- Do not send soft copy of application by E-mail No call letters will be issued.
- Applicants are expected to be present at the interview venue on the said date and time and half an hour before the scheduled time.
- Late arrival (After 10:30 AM) of applicants for the interview will be considered as ABSENT.
Terms & Conditions
- Maximum age limit: The age should be maximum 35 years for male and 40 years for female and age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC is applicable as per Govt. of India/ICAR rules
- Applicants with minimum eligibility alone need to send application/appear for interview
- The applicant must submit attested copies of certificates along with application and a brief of research work done vis-à-vis publications in peer reviewed journals during post graduation & present employment and two passport size photographs. Applicant must bring with them original documents at the time of interview for verification.
- All eligible candidates are requested to be present 30 minutes before schedule time on the date of interview for necessaries formalities.
- No objection certificate from the employer/ University, in case he/ she is in employment elsewhere.
- The selected candidates shall not claim for regular appointments at this Institute as the fellowship / post is purely temporary and co terminus with respective Project/Schemes.
- The initial appointment is up to 18.11.2021 or till closure of the project whichever is earlier and the continuation of the JRF will depend upon the progress reviewed every six months by the Principal Investigator.
- No TA/DA will be paid to attend the interview. Interview will be held on 29th April 2019 at ICAR-NBAIR, Hebbal, Bangalore — 560024 at 10.30 AM.
- Any other clarifications can be had on the date of interview.
- The decision of the Competent Authority will be final and binding in all respects.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate
- Place of posting will be ICAR-NBAIR, Bangalore.
- MS word version of the application format can also be obtaine from website www.nbair.res.in
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.