INSTITUTE OF LIFE SCIENCES
(An Autonomous Institute under the Dept. of Biotechnology,
Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar 751023, India
Advt. No.: 01/2019
Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India engaged in advanced research invites applications from Indian nationals for Ph.D. programs in the following research areas:
1) Cancer Biology
2) Infectious Disease Biology
3) Plant Biotechnology & Human Genetics
The name of the faculties who are interested in taking students through regular Ph.D. program of ILS or through their extra mural projects are listed below under the respective research areas. The applicants are strongly encouraged to visit ILS webpage for detailed information regarding the research activities of the respective faculties.
1. Cancer Biology:
Dr. Soumen Chakraborty, Dr. Rajeeb K. Swain and Dr. Amol Suryawanshi
2. Infectious Disease Biology:
Dr. Durg V. Singh, Dr. Satish Devadas, Dr. Soma Chattopadhyay, Dr. Narottam Acharya, Dr. Tushar K. Beuria and Dr. Gulam H. Syed
3. Plant Biotechnology & Human Genetics:
Dr. Birendra P. Shaw, Dr. Nrisingha Dey and Dr. P.V. Ramchander
- Candidates should have passed their M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade point).
Candidates awaiting final results may also apply, however, if shortlisted, they have to produce their final mark sheet on the date of the interview, failing which they will not be interviewed.
- Candidates should have also qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or DBT-JRF or DBT-BINC-JRF or UGC-RGNF or ICMR-JRF or DST-INSPIRE or GATE or GPAT. If the original certificate is not available, the candidate has to provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the particular result page highlighting their roll number, along with the application.
The candidate should be below 28 years in age, as on 10 th May, 2019. An age relaxation of five years in the case of SC/ST/women/PH candidates and three years in the case of OBC candidates will be given (as per Govt. of India rules).
Applicants except SC/ST candidates are required to send a non-refundable D.D. for Rs.500/- in favour of “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar” payable at Bhubaneswar along with duly filled-in application form by the date mentioned below, for each research area.
The fellowship and other emoluments will be as per the guidelines of the funding agencies – SERB/DST/DBT/CSIR/ICMR and as revised from time to time.
To and fro bus/rail fare by the shortest route limited to second class sleeper will be paid to all the candidates appearing for the interview.
How to apply
Interested and eligible candidates may fill-up the prescribed application form as available in ILS website (www.ils.res.in). Duly filled-up application along with self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and demand draft should be send to the “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023.”
The application should reach the Institute on or before the last date. Applications received after the last date will not be accepted. The envelope should be superscribed with “Application for Ph.D. Program in 1) Cancer Biology 2) Infectious Disease Biology or 3) Plant Biotechnology & Human Genetics”.
Candidates must mention clearly ONE of the research areas for which they are applying. Candidates interested to apply for more than one research area should send separate applications for each research area, with separate fees.
List of candidates selected for the interview will be published in the Institute website (www.ils.res.in).
Application to ILS-Ph.D. program does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. Director, ILS reserves the right to withdraw the procedure without assigning any reasons thereof.
- Last date of receiving applications: 10th May, 2019.
- Date of display of short-listed candidates and instructions in the Institute website: 20th May, 2019.
- Tentative date of interview: 1st/2nd week of June, 2019.
The final date of interview will be confirmed when thelist of short-listed candidates is displayed in ILS website.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.