Walk-in-Interview @ CIAB Mohali
Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) Mohali is an autonomous national institute under Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India).
This futuristic innovation institute of its own kind in the country has a mission of advancing knowledge, leads and emerging technologies/processes relevant to agri-food sector towards applications and products.
Currently, the four major mandated R&D areas in hand at the institute are
- Value Addition to Primary Processing Residues/ Wastes for Edible Products;
- Valorisation of Crop Waste for Speciality Products and Chemicals;
- Nutritionals, nutraceuticals and upgradation of value or use of bio-products,
- Biosynthetic technology/synthetic biology for low volume-high value products and industrial enzymes.
To support and steer this mission, the institute requires following temporary research positions on stipendary / fellowship basis:
(A) FELLOWSHIPS UNDER EXTERNALLY FUNDED PROJECTS AT CIAB, MOHALI
Junior Research Fellow – Six positions
Project Title: “Utilization of Rice Residues for Value Added Product Development (CIAB Flagship Project)”.
Funded By: Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India)
Age limit: 28 Years
Project Coordinator: Dr. Sudesh Kumar, Scientist-F, CIAB
Investigators: Dr. Sudesh Kumar, Dr. Sasikumar Elumalai, Dr. Bhuwan B Mishra, Dr. Meena Krishania
Duration of the project: Three years
- Rs. 31,000/- + (16% HRA or Hostel Facility, if available) per month for first two years
- Rs. 35,000/- + (16% HRA or Hostel Facility, if available) per month for third year
(i) M.Sc. in Life Sciences (Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Microbiology) or Chemistry (General / Organic / Inorganic / Physical / Others) or Agriculture Engineering / Food Science & Technology / Food Engineering / Food & Nutrition from a recognized University / Institute with NET / GATE / any other relevant equivalent nature of test qualified.
(ii) M.E. / M. Tech. (Biotechnology / any other biological subject / chemical engineering / any other chemical
subject / Agriculture Engineering / Food Science & Technology / Food Engineering / Food & Nutrition) from a
Tenure of Fellowship:
Initially one year, renewable for the subsequent years based on satisfactory performance but in no case beyond three years or cessation of operation and/or funding of the project by the project funding agency, whichever is earlier.
Project Fellow – One position
Assignment: To work on synthesis of valuables from agricultural leftover.
Funded By: Department of Science and Technology (Govt. of India)
Age limit: 28 Years
Principal Investigator: Dr. Baljinder Singh, INSPIRE Faculty, CIAB
Duration of the project: Five years
Fellowship: Rs. 12,000/- + (HRA as admissible or Hostel Facility, if available) per month
Qualifications: M.Sc. in Life Sciences or M. Tech (Biotechnology) from a recognized University / Institute.
Tenure of Fellowship: Initially one year or up to date of cessation of operation and/or funding of the project by the project funding agency, whichever is earlier. Renewable for the subsequent years based on satisfactory performance but in no case beyond five years or cessation of operation and/or funding of the project by the project funding agency, whichever is earlier.
(B) FELLOWSHIPS FUNDED BY CIAB FOR INTERNAL R&D PROJECTS/ACTIVITIES
Junior Research Fellow (Chemical/Nano Sciences) / Research Associate (Nanotechnology) – One position
- 28 Years for Junior Research Fellow
- 35 Years for Research Associate
- Rs. 31,000/- per month + (16% HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available) for JRF
- Rs. 47,000/- per month + (16% HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available) for RA
Tenure: One Year, extendable (post-evaluation) for second year subject to satisfactory progress, institutional needs and financial provisions.
- M.Sc. in Chemistry or Biotechnology from a recognized University/Institute with NET / GATE / any other equivalent nature of test qualified.
- M. Pharm. / M.S.(Pharm.) in Medicinal Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Technology / Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical Science from a recognized University/Institute.
Desirable: Candidates with deep knowledge and/or research experience in nanotechnology will be given preference in case of equal performance at the interview.
For Research Associate
Ph.D. (Chemical Sciences / Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical Technology or related areas) from a recognized University/Institute with dissertation in the area of biomass valorization with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
Desired Expertise: Biomass valorization, nanotechnology, product development (such as film/coating).
The interested candidates may appear for a Walk-In-Interview on 24-04-2019 along with the application form (as per format for JRF/Project Fellow) available on the website www.ciab.res.in. The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of the registration from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 24-04-2019. The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates would not be interviewed.
Process of Engagement
The eligible applicants would be interviewed by a duly constituted committee. The committee would recommend the candidates, if found suitable, for consideration of the competent authority for engagement on purely on Fellowship/Stipendiary basis. Provisions of registration for Ph.D exist at Universities having MoU with CIAB subject to scholar’s tangible performance, promise, academic suitability, etc.
- Incomplete applications and applications that are not in proper format may be rejected.
- The above research opportunities are open only to Indian Nationals
- The applications should be submitted in the prescribed format that can be downloaded from the CIAB website: www.ciab.res.in.
- Completed applications along with photocopies of all the relevant educational and experience certificates are to be submitted at the time of registration at Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB), Sector-81 (Knowledge City), Manauli P.O., S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali – 140306, Punjab from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 24-04-2019.
- All the positions are based at Mohali, Punjab but some works may be assigned to be carried out at outstations also.
- Number of positions may vary.
- Relaxation of age for various categories (including woman candidates) shall be as per rules of DST and other Government of India agencies.
- If in any area no suitable candidate is found, no selection would be made in that case.
- No TA/DA etc. would be paid for attending the walk-in-interview.
- Candidates should bring their original documents for verification and one set of photocopy (for submission) of their all relevant certificates related to education, experience, publications, thesis/dissertations etc. at the time of interview.
- Candidates found eligible after scrutiny of applications post registration, shall be required to appear before a Selection Committee. Kindly note that in case there are substantial number of applicants, the Chief Executive Officer, CIAB reserves the right to devise such criteria as deemed fit to shortlist the candidates for the interview. If required, a written test may also be conducted to short-list candidates. The decision of the CEO, CIAB to conduct a written test shall be final and binding on all in this respect.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.