Call for Applications: B4 Young Scientist Program August 2019
Department of Biotechnology has announced Call for Applications for B4 Young Scientist Program 2019. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the B4 Young Scientist Program.
About B4 Workshops
Each year, the B4 program hosts two-week workshops twice a year in India that bring together talented Indian students and introduce them to specific and latest fields within the life sciences.
The workshop is composed of several lectures given by eminent experts in the field, as well as hands-on lessons that provide students with practical knowledge and an understanding of how to apply these learnings to future endeavors in the life sciences.
Workshop on BioImaging: Advanced Light Microscopy
The advent of exciting new technologies and analytical solutions light microscopy is driving new discoveries. The aim of this workshop is to introduce students to advances in contemporary light microscopy through lectures and hands-on training in imaging modalities ranging from basic microscopy to super-resolution imaging.
Open to Indian students currently pursuing any of the following courses in Indian institutions:
- Doctoral and post-doctoral researchers in the fields of Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, or Computer Science, currently engaged in relevant areas of research.
- Students currently enrolled in M.Sc/MBBS / M.Pharm / M.E / M.Tech programs.
- Exceptionally talented undergraduate students.
The applications will be reviewed by an international panel to select 25 applicants. Please submit:
- One-page CV
- One-page Statement of Interest justifying your application
- Academic transcript(s) (or marks sheets from Grade 10 till the latest course, to be uploaded as one PDF file)
- Two letters of recommendation (on letterhead of the recommender with their signatures, to be uploaded by the recommender)
- The selection process will be highly competitive with a class size limited to 25 students.
- Applications will be reviewed by an interdisciplinary panel of faculty at Harvard, IBAB, IISER and other partner institutions in India. The decision of the panel will be final.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Do not write directly to Harvard faculty regarding the workshop and grant opportunities.
Contact: Savitha G Ananth, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org