NCCS PhD Admission August 2019 – Official Notification
National Centre for Cell Science, Pune, invites application from eligible candidates for admissions to Ph.D. programme of August-2019 session.
The candidates should be a bonafide Indian citizen, having consistently good academic record with strong motivation to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. degree and with eligibility mentioned below should apply for the same.
Students with post graduate degree and having valid fellowship from CSIR/ DBT/ ICMR/ UGC/ DST-Inspire who have qualified in NET-LS or GATE examination/ BINC, all are eligible to apply.
Students with post graduate degree who do not have a fellowship but have qualified JGEEBILS examination conducted by NCBS/TIFR held on 09th December, 2018 are eligible to apply. However, candidates those are shortlisted by NCCS criteria will only be called for interview. Limited number of fellowships will be provided by NCCS to the selected students, who do not have fellowship (from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/UGC/DST-Inspire/BINC) but have qualified JGEEBILS and are selected by NCCS. Submission of application to NCCS-PhD programme does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview.
Shortlisted candidates fulfilling NCCS criteria will have to appear for interview to be held at NCCS during 25th and 26th June, 2019. Detailed eligibility conditions are given here under.
Eligibility for NCCS Ph.D Programme and Instructions:-
1) Should have Masters (postgraduate) degree in any branch of Sciences with interest in pursuing research in Modern Biology, having at least 55% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) (A relaxation of 5% of marks, shall be allowed for Reserved Categories SC/ST/OBC and Persons With Disabilities ) and with a valid fellowship from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/UGC/DST-Inspire qualified in NET-LS or GATE examination/ BINC, etc.
2) Students with post graduate degree, who do not have individual fellowship but have qualified JGEEBILS exam conducted by NCBS/TIFR on 09th December, 2018 will be eligible to apply. Students will be shortlisted based on JGEEBILS results by NCCS criteria for interview. NCCS decision in this regard will be final. Please write your JGEEBILS December, 2018 Reference Code on the top of the application form at the designated place.
3) Candidates who have qualified only for Lectureship in CSIR-UGC (NET) and the “Project List of ICMR” are not eligible.
4) NCCS’s Ph.D. program is a fully residential program. The selected candidates will have to stay on campus.
5) Students who have a fellowship and are expected to be awarded M. Sc, Degree by the end of the July-2019 are also eligible to apply. Their selection will be provisional and will be cancelled if they are unable to provide proof of fulfilling eligibility criteria by end of November, 2019. No further request for time extension will be entertained.
6) All the eligible complete applications received within the last date will be screened and shortlisted candidates will be called for interview as per the schedule given below.
7) Other terms and conditions of the fellowship will be directed by the funding agency awarding the fellowship. The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years which is relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/PWD and 3 years in case of OBC candidates, or as applicable.
8) Fellowship will be activated as per the respective funding agencies guidelines on Direct Benefit Transfer basis. NCCS will not be responsible for providing fellowship.
9) Reservation will be as per Government of India guidelines.
Mode of Applications
Interested candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their typed application in the prescribed format (download from NCCS web site). The completed hardcopy application form along with the copies of M.Sc. marks statement and Fellowship certificate/admit card should reach the Dean (Academics), National Centre for Cell Science, S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune – 411 007 on or before 27th May, 2019.
SC/ST/OBC candidates should also attach true copy of Caste Certificate / Latest non-creamy layer certificate along with the application and originals should be produced at the time of Interview.
An application fee of Rs.100/- only (Rs. One hundred only) should be sent along with the application form in the form of a Demand Draft payable to DIRECTOR, NCCS at PUNE. There is no application fee for SC/ST/ PwD students.
Personal interview will be held at NCCS, Pune of all shortlisted candidates as per the selection criteria set by NCCS. Details of the interview process/schedule will be published on the NCCS website along with the list of shortlisted candidates on 7th June, 2019.
Second class train fare by shortest route will be paid to only SC/ST Candidates as per rules.
Candidates should make their own arrangements for stay at Pune. Selected candidates will need to stay for two days more for interaction and finalization of the guide.
Candidates should bring all originals with attested copy of following documents at the time of Interview.
- Birth certificate/ proof of Date of birth.
- SC/ST/Physical Handicapped category certificate from competent authorities.
- Statement of marks of each year/semester of graduation
- Statement of marks of each year/semester of (M.Sc.)
- Fellowship Certificate/ JGEEBILS qualifying data
- For OBC category, valid Non-creamy layer certificate.
|Last date of receipt of application at NCCS with all required documents||27th May, 2019|
|Publication of Shortlisted candidates called for interview at NCCS||07th June, 2019|
|Date(s) & Time of Interview||25th and 26th June, 2019 from 9 am onwards|
|Declaration of result of interview||26th June 2019 Evening|
|Interaction and Finalization of Guide||05th July, 2019|
|Expected date of Joining at NCCS||01st August, 2019|
In case of any queries, candidates should e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone enquiries will not be entertained.