PhD Admissions Autumn Semester (2019-20)
Department of Bio Sciences and Bio Engineering
IIT Dharwad invites applications from eligible candidates for its PhD Programme in Bio Sciences and Bio Engineering.
Check out the details given below:
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
Eligibility for admission: M. Tech. /M.Phil. /MSc. or equivalent in Biotechnology/Life Sciences or allied biology subjects.
Candidates who are yet to complete their qualifying examinations, but expect to complete all the requirements for admission eligibility (including all examinations, project dissertation, viva-voce etc.) are also eligible to apply provided they can furnish the necessary certificates by 20th July, 2019.
MSc. – Must have Valid GATE Score/ Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/UGC/NBHM/ DBT/ICAR/ICMR/ ICPR/PMRF or DST INSPIRE Fellowship.
- M.Tech and M.Phil. – GATE/JRF desirable but not essential.
GUIDELINES FOR THE SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS
The following are the important guidelines of the institute to be followed by the shortlisted applicants on the day(s) of the selection process.
1) Shortlisted applicants should report to the institute on 04th July, 2019 at 8.00 am.
2) No accommodation will be provided for the candidates during the selection process or
3. Applicants should bring:
- Photo ID card (any one from these: PAN/AADHAR/Driving Licence/Voter ID/Passport/Govt. issued ID/Educational Institute ID)
- Printed copy of the application
- Thesis/dissertation/report of M.Tech./M.E./MSc-Engineering or equivalent degree
- Copy of certificates and mark-sheets
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Scientific calculator
MODALITY OF THE SELECTION PROCESS
- The selection process consists of MCQ type screening test. The duration of the exam would be 60 minutes. The syllabus for the exam is given in the Information Brochure.
- Each question will have 4 options to choose from. Only one option would be correct.
- The exam will have negative marking scheme. For MCQ
Document Verification: Only for candidates short-listed for interview. Certificate required are like Date of Birth certificate, Degree certificate along with marks cards, aggregate percentage, JRF offer letter from UGC/CSIR and INSPIRE fellowship, GATE Score, Cast certificate, Income certificate, Photo Identity, etc.
Cancer Biology and Biochemistry
HOW TO APPLY:
Please read the instructions given in the brochure carefully before filling up the application form. You are required to submit the application ONLINE. No downloadable forms are available. The application fee is as follows:
- Women candidates: INR 100/-
- SC/ST/PwD category candidates: INR 100/-
- All other candidates: INR 200/
The fee is to be paid by NEFT/RTGS Online Payment System. The details of the institute bank details are:
- BANK: State Bank of India
- Account Name: IIT Bombay (IIT Dharwad)
- Account No.: 35636327083
- Branch: I.I.T. (Powai)
- IFSC: SBIN0001109
- MICR: 400002034
The transaction details like: UTR/ITR/Transaction Number with date are to be necessarily provided in filling up the Online Application Form. The Application Form without valid online payment details will not be considered. Application FEE is Non-Refundable.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Last date for submission of completed application forms: Friday, 17/05/2019
- Listing of shortlisted candidates for the Selection Process: Friday, 31/05/2019
- Date for the Selection / Examination Process Thursday, 04/07/2019
- Declaration of the Result of the Written Test Thursday, 04/07/2019
- Date for the Interview Process Thursday, 04/07/2019
- Display of the final result Monday, 08/07/2019
- Last date for the Fee Payment Friday, 19/07/2019
- Date of Joining Monday, 29/07/2019
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.