F. No. Z-12020/01/2016-E&A
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
FDA Bhawan, Kotla Road, New Delhi-110 002
Internship starting in the month of May, 2019 under Internship Scheme 2019-20 at Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an independent statutory body established under the food Safety & Standards Act, 2006 under the aegis of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
It is the apex body responsible for ensuring food safety and compliance to food standards across the country. FSSAI invites application for the month of May 2019 for the Internship Scheme 2019-20, which will provide Interns with various learning opportunities through a well—designed training calendar.
Students pursuing a full time post graduate degree/ diploma or higher degree from a Recognized Institute within India/ abroad, in any of the following:
A. Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Food Technology, Microbiology, Veterinary Sciences, Agricultural Sciences or any other related field
B. Business Administration & Management including Policy Regulation & related fields
C. Media & Communications
Note — Students in 3 / 4″year of their 4-year Bachelor’s program in Food Technology or related fields can also apply
Internship will be available throughout the year at different Points of time. Internships offered will be for duration of 8 weeks, which may be extended to a maximum period of 6 months for reasons to be recorded in writing.
Place of Internship
- FDA Bhawan, Kotla Road New Delhi- 110002. (HQ)
- FSSAIT (NR), First Floor, NBCC Place, Bhisham Pitamah Marg, Pragati Vihar, New Delhi-1 10003
- FSSAI, Hall Mark Business Plaza, Sant Dyaneshwar Marg, Oppst. Gurunanak Hospital Road, Bandra (East), Mumbai- 400051
- FSSAI, Central Documentation Complex, (South Wing), Chennai Port Trust, Rajaji Salai, Chennai 600001
- FSSAI, Benfish Tower, 6th floor,31 GN Block, Sector-V, Salt Lake,Kolkata-70009 1
Interns would be required to have their own laptops. FSSAI shall provide their working space, internet facility and other necessities but shall not cover local lodging and travel facilities. FSSAI will not bear the expenses of any Boarding.
- Interested and eligible students can apply online in the specified format as per the timelines provided by FSSAI. Applicants, who have applied for internship for previous months, need to apply afresh.
The shortlisted candidates may be required to submit a short write up/presentation for final selection.
The final list of selected candidates along with their date of joining and Internship tenure would be declared online on FSSAI website.
At the time of joining, Intern would be required to carry a letter from their Institute indicating his/her status in the Institution as a student and “No Objection” for allowing him/ her to undergo Internship Program for the period for which he/she is selected, if applicable. A character certificate from the authority of the Institute, along with proot of educational qualifications as mentioned jn the application form would also need to be submitted at the time of joining for internship.
Areas/Domains Available for Internship
Any of the area mentioned in application will be deemed indicative of the preference and not a confirmation of protect allocation in the specific department.
HQ New Delhi:
- Regulatory Compliance
- Quality Assurance
- Risk Assessment & R&D
- SNF Projects
- Food Fortification
Regional Offices (NR Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai & Kolkata):
Hands-on training in Food Imports Clearance and Licensing and Registration of Food Business Only.
Interns would be attached to one of the several Divisions at FSSAT depending on the academic and technical training and assigned project(s) related to different aspects of Food and NutritionManagement Processes.
Some features of Program:
- Orientation Program to easeon-boarding
- Structured session for planning project outcomes and action plan with timelines
- Seminars/presentations to provided required exposure
- Allocated ·’Buddy” to professionally support and enable mentoring Sessions to improve learning and provide direction
- Smaller Projects to Give cross-divisional exposure
- Routine review and supervision of conduct, adherence to working norms and project progress.
They would be Provided a certificate from FSSAI only once the final report/presentation is successfully completed, submitted and reviewed.
|Start date of receiving application||04th April 2019|
|Last date for submitting online application||14th April 2019|
|Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates||22nd April 2019 (For the candidates who had apply for internship starting m 01st May2019)|
|Date of Joining||01st May 2019|