Scientist (Protein Biology) Job @ Thermo Fisher Scientific
Candidates with MSc or PhD Life Sciences (Immunology, Cell biology, Molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry or a related discipline) are encouraged to apply online for a Scientist, Protein Biology position that is vacant at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Job Title: Scientist, Protein Biology
Job ID: 86276BR
Location: India – Bangalore
Thermo Fisher Scientific is recruiting a Scientist who can foster innovation and antibody development for flow cytometry using cutting edge technologies in a high-throughput environment.
- Applicants should have a Masters degree with 5 + years’ experience or a PhD in Life Sciences (Immunology, Cell biology, Molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry or a related discipline)
- Candidates with a strong background in the field of Immunology would be preferred
- GLP, GMP or any other certification in laboratory practices and EHS certification will be considered as a bonus
- Independently plan and execute scientific research and product development activities as per the organizational goals and timelines
- Design and execute high throughput flow cytometry screens and assays, with emphasis on multicolor immunophenotyping and panel design
- Perform cell culture activities including isolation of primary cells from blood and other tissues, maintenance, stimulation and differentiation of these cells, aseptic expansion and maintenance of mammalian cell lines
- Transfections towards recombinant protein expression, generation of heterologous and overexpression models
- Execute routine molecular biology workflows such as high-throughput molecular cloning , plasmid vector construction, PCRs, Restriction digestion, Ligation, Transformation, Mini and maxi preps etc.
- Perform routine biochemical and immunoassay workflows such as protein expression and purification, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting and immunofluorescence
- Develop and purify antibody-dye conjugates
- Keep thorough record of experiments and results in data sheets and/or electronic note books
- Responsible for data integrity and accuracy
- Other functions such as writing technical protocols, managing inventory and filling out order forms
- Deliver high quality results according to project schedule in support of product commercialization during early feasibility, development and validation phases
- Should have a clear understanding of antibodies, their structure, function and development in vivo and in vitro
- Must have a strong background in the field of immunology, with hands-on research experience (academia/industry) working on an immunological problem related to human or mouse immune response
- Should have a thorough working knowledge and extensive hands on experience in multicolor flow cytometry, panel design, instrument set up, primary and secondary gating strategies, compensation set up, flow cytometry data analysis software
- Should have worked with primary immune cells and have hands on experience with their isolation from blood and tissues, maintenance, stimulation and differentiation
- Should have theoretical knowledge and hands on experience with recombinant DNA technologies and molecular cloning, cell culture, transfection, basic biochemical and immunoassay techniques such as protein expression and purification, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting and immunofluorescence
- Should have an understanding of various protein conjugation chemistries, and working knowledge of antibody-dye conjugation techniques
- Should be up to date on cutting edge technologies in flow cytometry methods and instrumentation
- Strong record of publications in peer-reviewed journals is preferred. Bioinformatics and automation experience is a bonus
- Should be a good team player, ready to learn new techniques and an innovative thinker
- Attention to detail, ability to work in a fast paced environment and strict adherence to deadlines is essential
- Prior experience in mentoring undergraduate students or junior scientists is a bonus
- Excellent organizational skills is required
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.