Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati PhD Admission 2019
Official notification for PhD Programme Admission 2019 at IIT Guwahati. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the Dept. of Biosciences and Bioengineering PhD Admissions. Check out details on the same below:
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for July 2019 Session admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes of IIT Guwahati.
Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering
The research in the Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering covers as diverse areas as biochemical engineering, plant biotechnology, environmental biotechnology, nanobiotechnology, protein and peptide chemistry, molecular biology, structural and computational biology, bioinformatics, parasite biology, tissue engineering, stem cell biology and gene therapy, enzymology, and proteomics.
Types/ Categories of PhD Students (Studentship)
- Regular and Full Time
- Sponsored and Full Time
- Employed and Part Time:
- Self-Financed and Part Time
- Project Staff and Full Time
- Project Staff and Part Time
- External and Part Time
Eligibility Requirements for Applying to PhD in Sciences
To apply for admission to the PhD Programme in Science Departments, a candidate must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Master’s degree in Science in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.0 out of 10 or minimum 60% of marks.
- Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Design in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of either 6.0 out of 10 or minimum 60% of marks.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in a related area in Engineering/ Technology/ Design/ Science in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 7.0 out of 10 or minimum 70% of marks.
Relaxation for SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates: The CPI or percentage marks in above mentioned eligibility requirements will be relaxed by 0.5 CPI or by 5% marks for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates.
Eligibility Requirement for Applying to PhD in Engineering
For admission to the PhD Programme in Engineering departments, a candidate must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Medical Sciences/Veterinary Sciences/Pharmacy in a relevant area with a minimum Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) of either 6.0 or 60% of marks.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Medical Sciences or equivalent in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of either 7.0 or 70% of marks.
Or the candidate must satisfy the relevant specific criteria given below.
- A candidate having a Two-year Master’s degree (after completion of 4-year Bachelor’s degree) or three-year Master’s degree (after completion of 3-year Bachelor’s degree) in Engineering/ Technology/Science in a relevant area with minimum Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) of either 6.0 or 60% of marks is also considered for admission in to PhD Programme in Biosciences and Bioengineering.
- A candidate with a Two-year MSc degree (after completion of 3-year Bachelor’s degree) in a relevant area with minimum CPI of either 6.0 or 60% marks, is also considered for admission in to PhD Programme in Biosciences and Bioengineering.
- A regular student of IIT Guwahati who is continuing his/her MTech studies and having a minimum CPI of 8.0 at the end of second semester may be enrolled in the PhD programme of the Department in the beginning of his/her third semester of study. Such students can receive only PhD Degree.
- A student of IIT Guwahati who is continuing his/her BTech studies and having a minimum CPI of 7.0 at the end of sixth semester may be enrolled in the PhD programme of the Department in the beginning of his/her seventh semester of study. Such students can receive dual BTech and PhD Degree. Both the degrees will be awarded after completion of PhD degree.
Date Schedule of Selection Process for July 2019 Session Admission to PhD Programmes
Biosciences & Bioengineering: May 27, 28 & 29 (Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday), 2019
Important Note: For Notification Regarding candidates shortlisted for written test and/ or interview and also regarding candidates selected for admission, admission offer letter, etc., IIT Guwahati will NOT send any hard copy letter to the candidates by post.
Candidates are instructed to regularly visit webpage and also the webpage of the concerned department/ center to know the details regarding shortlisted candidates for written test/interview, selected candidates for admission, etc.
Application (& Processing) Fee for all PG Academic Programmes of IITG
Online Application (& Processing) Fee: At the end of online application process, each candidate needs to make payment of application (processing) fee online. The applications without successful (online) payment of application fee shall be rejected.
Offline-Paper Form Application (& Processing) Fee: In case of Candidates without valid GATE/CEED applying for M.Tech./ M.Des./ M.S.(R) programme through offline/ paper form, the application fee is to be submitted in the form of demand draft in favour of the Registrar, IIT Guwahati payable at Guwahati along with the application form.
Applicaiton (& Processing) Fee Amount:
The details of Application (online/ offline-paper form) & Processing Fee are as follows:
- All Female Candidates: Rs.150/-
- All Transgender Candidates: Rs.150/-
- All SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates: Rs.150/-
- All Other Candidates: Rs.300/-
The candidates selected for admissions will have to join the PhD programme by reporting in person and doing registration on July 19, 2019 (Friday) at IIT Guwahati and the classes will start on July 24, 2019 (Wednesday).
Candidates who are in Final Semester of Qualifying Degree: Candidates still to appear in their qualifying degree examinations may also apply, provided they appear in all their qualifying degree examinations and complete all requirements for their degrees before 15-07-2019. If selected, such candidates shall be admitted provisionally, and they will have to furnish the results of their qualifying degree examinations latest by 23-08-2019. Further, they must fulfil the minimum requirements of marks/CPI, and other conditions like valid GATE/ NET/ CEED score (as may be applicable) etc., as mentioned under eligibility requirements for respective programmes. Failure to fulfil any of these requirements shall automatically result in cancellation of admission.
Application is to be submitted ONLINE.
Online Application Submission Process Ends at 23:59 hours of April 15, 2019 (Monday).
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.