Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University
Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun
PhD Forestry Entrance Test 2019
The Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University is going to conduct its Ph.D. Entrance Test on 14th July, 2019 for enrolment in PhD Programme in various disciplines of forestry: Forest Biotechnology, Forest Bioinformatics, Forest Genetics, Forest Pathology, Soil Science, Forest Ecology & Environment, Wildlife Science,Climate Change &
Participating Research Centers:
- Arid Forest Research Institute, Jodhpur
- Central Pulp & Paper Research Institute, Saharanpur
- Forest Research Institute, Dehradun
- Forest Survey of India, Dehradun
- Himalalyan Forest Research Institute, Shimla
- Institute of Forest Biodiversity, Hyderabad
- Institute of Forest Genetics & Tree Breeding, Coimbatore
- Institute of Forest Productivity, Ranchi
- Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun
- Indian Plywood Industries Research & Training Institute, Bangalore
- Institute of Wood Science & Technology, Bangalore
- Kerala Forest Research Institute, Peechi (Kerala)
- Rain Forest Research Institute, Jorhat
- Tropical Forest Research Institute, Jabalpur
- Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun
Eligibility criteria for admission to the Ph.D. Programme:
The following persons are eligible to seek admission to the Ph.D. programme.
Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, is allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
Procedure for admission:
The admission to the Ph.D. Programme shall be through an Entrance Test conducted by the FRI Deemed to be University once in a year preferably during the month of June-July followed by an Interview of the candidates who will qualify the entrance test.
The candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/teacher fellowship holder will be allowed to appear for the interview directly without appearing in the written entrance test.
- However, the candidates who have qualified GATE will also be allowed to appear for the interview directly without appearing in the written entrance test subject to securing of 50 normalized marks (out of 100) in case of General candidates and 45 normalized marks (out of 100) in case of SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, failing which they shall have to appear in the Entrance Test.
- However, such candidates will have to apply as per the procedure alongwith other candidates. They will have to provide marks-sheet of above exams along with their application form. The UGC/CSIR/GATE/NET exam should have been cleared by the applicant during previous two years from the last date of submission of the form in the University.
Entrance Test Scheme
The question paper will have following sections and their proportional weightage shall be as follow
- Basic Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology) -30 questions (Class 12th Standard)
- Mathematical Aptitude (Maths, Statistics, Reasoning) – 20 questions (Class 10th Standard)
- General English – 25 questions (Class 12th Standard)
- General Awareness – 25 questions
- General Forestry: 40 questions
- Subject/discipline specific: 60 questions
(As per the discipline applied for)
How to apply
The candidates, who are interested for registration as research scholar for the Ph.D. Degree in Forestry in Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University Dehradun for the term of March 2020 are advised to apply in prescribed form latest by 31.05.2019 with a fee of Rs.1500/- through Bank Draft in favour of Registrar, FRI Deemed to be University payable at Dehradun.
- No application form will be entertained after the prescribed date.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.