GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT, FOREST & CLIMATE CHANGE
ZOOLOGICAL SURVEY OF INDIA (ZSI)
KOLKATA – 700 053
Walk in Interview will be conducted for the purely temporary post of 01 Junior Research Fellow under the project on ‘Taxonomic studies on family Pyralidae (Pyraloidea: Lepidoptera) from North East India’ funded by SERB, DST, Govt. of India, New Delhi (JPFs) in ZSI, Kolkata initially for one year but extendable maximum up to three years based on the performance and 01 Field Assistant under the project entitled “Assessment of moths (Lepidoptera) as significant pollinators in the Himalayan Ecosystem of North-East India’’ funded by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India through National Mission of Himalayan Studies initially for one year but extendable maximum up to the duration of the project based on the performance.
1. Junior Research Fellow/Junior Project Fellows (JPF)
Qualification: M. Sc. in Zoology/Life Sciences/or equivalent from a recognized University. NET Qualified is essential for JRF.
Desirable Experience: Taxonomy of moths in general and Pyralidae in particular. Age Limit: The upper age limit is 28 years. Age relaxation will be as per Govt. of India rules.
Junior Research Fellow (JRF) @ Rs.31, 000/- + HRA for first two years and Rs.35, 000/- + HRA for 3rd year
Junior Project Fellow (JPF) @ Rs.16, 000/- + HRA for first two years and Rs.18, 000/- + HRA for 3rd year
2. Field Assistant (01)
Qualification: B.Sc. with Zoology as one of the subjects from a recognized university.
Desirable Experience: Taxonomy of moths, field experience and knowledge of computer will be an added advantage.
Age Limit: The upper age limit is 40 years. Age relaxation will be as per Govt. of India rules.
Field Assistant @ Rs.12, 000/- per month (consolidated)
- Extensive field surveys are to be conducted in North East India for the collection and study of moths.
- Recording of field observations on moths.
- Laboratory Work: Identification of moths. Dissections, Slide preparations and photography of different moths.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual progress reports of the projects.
Place of Work: Zoological Survey of India, Kolkata with the liability of extensive and long field surveys in North East India.
- The above posts are purely temporary and coterminous with the project.
- Candidates appearing for Walk-in-Interview are required to register themselves from 9:45 AM to 10:45 AM on 22.04.2019 at Zoological Survey of India, Head Qtrs., ‘M’ Block, New Alipore, Kolkata- 700053, West Bengal, India.
- Candidates must bring duly filled application form with all the testimonials (in original and one attested copy)
- Selected candidates need to join immediately.
- No TA DA will be provided to the candidates appearing for the interview.
- The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right of selection or rejection of a candidature including cancellation of the advertisement without assigning any reason.
- Interested candidates may send the duly filled form to Dr Navneet Singh, Scientist D & PI (email@example.com)