IARI Summer Internship 2019
The Indian Agricultural Research Institute is the country’s premier national Institute for agricultural research, education and extension. It has the status of a ‘Deemed-to-be-University’ under the UGC Act of 1956, and awards M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in various agricultural disciplines.
IARI invites applications for its summer internship training in various subject areas. Interested candidates may check complete details mentioned below
The following guidelines will be observed while taking students for the internship training:
Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. students are eligible for the internship programme for a period ranging from one month to six months.
Subject area in which training required
- Crop improvement (Genetics, Seed Science)
- Horticulture (Floriculture/ Fruits/ Vegetables/ Post Harvest)
- Plant Protection (Pathology/ Nematology/ Entomology/ Chemicals)
- Basic Sciences (Physiology/ Biochemistry)
- Natural Resource Management (Agronomy/ Microbiology/ Soil Science/ Physics/ Engineering/ Water Tech. / Environment Sc.)
- Social Sciences (Extension/Economics)
The fee structure shall be Rs. 10,000/- for one month, Rs. 20,000/- for 2-3 months and 30,000/- for 4-6 months + GST @ 18% if applicable.
The applications will be accepted throughout the year but will be processed only twice a year in January and August.
The closing date to receive the application will be 31st July for summer internship and 31st December for winter internship respectively every year.
- IARI will not provide any boarding/lodging, medical facility and any other benefits of the Institute to the trainees.
- The work done during the internship shall not be part of their dissertation or project in any form.
- The completion Certificate for the training shall be given by the PME Cell on completion of their internship.
- The short-listed candidates will be informed by email.
Duration of training with tentative date of start:
- 1 Month
- 2-3 Months
- 3-6 Months
How to Apply:
Interested candidates have to fill the application form and provide all academic Record: (Starting from 10th onwards give the name of exam, institution/University where studied, percentage of marks/grades division obtained, and awards/honours received, if any in tabular format. Provide attested copies of all relevant supporting documents).
Do you know why research internships are important for a great career ahead?
Check out our article → 5 Reasons Why Research Internship is Important