ICAR-AIEEA (UG) 2019
In 2019, All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA)-UG shall be conducted for admission to Bachelor Degree programmes in Agriculture and allied sciences (other than veterinary sciences), at Agricultural Universities on 15% of the University seats (100% seats in RLB CAU Jhansi, NDRI Karnal and Dr. RP CAU Pusa, Bihar). Further, not more than 40% candidates from any one state shall be admitted in any agricultural university/subject.
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research’s 24th AIEEA (UG) 2019 examination for the academic session 2019-20 will be conducted at 87 cities all over the country, enabling participation of a large number of candidates seeking admission in Bachelor degree programmes in accredited AUs, Colleges and programmes in different disciplines.
Candidates qualified for counselling will be considered for allocation of subject and the Agricultural University.
Schedule of ICAR-AIEEA (UG) 2019
Schedule for important examination related activities have been given in Table 1. However, candidates are requested to keep themselves updated about the schedule through NTA and ICAR websites www.nta.ac.in, www.ntaicar.nic.in and www.icar.org.in.
|Online submission of Application Form (upto 11:50 pm of 30 April, 2019)||01–30 April, 2019|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/NetBanking upto 11:50 pm through e-challan upto bank hours of 01 May, 2019||01 May, 2019|
|Fee Payable by candidates
General/Unreserved, Other Backward Classes (OBC)-(NCL)* & UPS**/ EWS***
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 350/-|
|Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable|
|Downloading of e-Admit Cards from NTA website||05 June, 2019|
|Date of Examination||01 July, 2019|
|Duration of Examination||150 minutes (2½ hours)|
|Timing of Examination||09:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon|
|Centre, Date and Shift of Examination||As indicated on the e-Admit Card|
|Display of recorded responses and Answer Keys on NTA website||To be communicated on NTA website later|
|Submission of Challenges on NTA website||To be communicated on NTA website later|
|Updation of result/marks of qualifying Examination (in case of appearing candidates)||To be communicated on NTA website later|
|Declaration of Result on ICAR website www.icar.org.in||By 17 July 2019|
|Schedule for Online Counselling||To be announced by the ICAR saparetly on www.icar.org.in after the declaration of result|
Scheme of Examination
The test of ICAR-AIEEA (UG) 2019 is a single test of 02:30 hours duration. Details of the test are as given below:
- Each candidate has to attempt only three subjects studied at XII Standard and the same option is to be chosen in the Application Form.
- Question paper will have 50 multiple-choice objective type questions for each subject.
- The candidates are advised not to attempt such questions, for which they are not sure of the correct answer.
- In case of any language related disparity or ambiguity English version of the question would be considered as final
Conditions for the award of National Talent Scholarship (NTS)-2019
National Talent Scholarship would be available through the Agricultural University concerned, to every student admitted on ICAR seat at any Agricultural University in a state outside his/her domicile state. Detailed terms & conditions for the fellowship and admission could be found at the ICAR website http://www.icar.org.in/files/FINALGuidelines(GNTS)-26072016.pdf.
NOTE: NTS shall be awarded only after completion of Online Counselling.
Eligibility Criteria to appear in ICAR-AIEEA (UG)- 2019
Qualifying Examination at 10+2 Level
- In order to appear in ICAR-AIEEA (UG) 2019, candidates must have passed 10+2 Senior Secondary Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education or any other examination within scope and standard found to be equivalent to the Senior Secondary Examination of a recognised Indian Board/University with minimum prescribed marks/grade (Annexure V), after a period of 12 years of study. The medium of instruction in the admitting University will be English.
- Candidate must have passed any one of the qualifying examinations enumerated above securing not less than 50% marks in aggregate for General, OBC (NCL), UPS, EWS categories and 40% marks in aggregate for SC, ST, Transgender, PwD categories. There will be no rounding-off of the OGPA/percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if a candidate obtained 49.99% marks in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded-off to 50%.
- Candidate having a compartment/ supplementary in any of the subjects will not be eligible unless proof of having cleared the examination with requisite percentage asabove is available.
- Candidate already appeared in the qualifying examination enumerated above, can also apply but would be required to submit evidence of having satisfied the conditions latest by the counselling.
- Candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility requirements for the examination as well as admission as detailed in the Information Bulletin. Applying for ICAR-AIEEA (UG) 2019, appearing in the examination and qualifying the same does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility. The applicant for a particular Subject must satisfy the eligibility criterion as specified in this Information Bulletin (or its amendments / corrections).
Indian Nationals of at least 16 years of age as on 31.08.2019 are eligible to apply for the examination. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
Degree Programmes for Admission in ICAR AIEEA (UG) 2019
|Subject Code No.||Degree Programme for Admission|
|01||B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture|
|02||B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture|
|04||B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry|
|05||B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science|
|06||Food Nutrition and Dietetics*|
|07||B.Sc. (Hons.) Sericulture|
|08||B. Tech. Agricultural Engineering|
|09||B. Tech. Dairy Technology|
|10||B. Tech. Food Technology|
|11||B. Tech. Bio- Technology|
Eligibility Qualifications at 10+2 Examination for Degree Programmes
Applying Online and Submission of Application Form
- The online submission of Application Form for ICAR-AIEEA (UG)-2019, uploading of scanned photograph and signatures may be made at website www.nta.ac.in, www.ntaicar.nic.in.
- The candidates should complete all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details and required fee, a Confirmation Page with Application Number shall be generated. Candidates are required to take printout of Confirmation Page and keep it for future reference.
- Before filling and submitting the Online Application Form, candidates should download the Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form; and read them carefully.
- Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website. Application Forms not complying with the instructions are liable to be rejected.
Candidates must keep following information ready before filling online Application Form:-
- Govt Identity Details like Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/Election Card (EPIC No.)/Passport
number/Ration Card Number/ Bank Account Number/PAN Number/ Other valid Govt Ids.
- Address for communication, Mobile Number, email id, etc.
- Scanned images of latest Photograph (size of 10 kb to 200 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Scanned image of Signature (size of 4 kb to 30 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Bank Account details for payment of Fee, for uploading as part of submission of online application.
Four Steps to Complete the Application Process
Application Form may be submitted in four simple steps:
Step 1 Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No. for future reference
Step 2 Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4 kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step 3 Make payment of fee using suitable mode of payment through bank as per details given in this section and keep proof of fee paid.
Step 4 Print at least three copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee.
- The final submission of Online Application Form will remain incomplete if Step-2 and Step-3 are not completed, such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
- There is no provision for uploading any certificate/marks sheet etc., with the application.
- The entire application process is online. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA or ICAR through Post/ Fax/By Hand.
Mode and Method of Payment of Fee
Application Fee payable by the Candidates of Various Categories:
- General/Unreserved, OBC-NCL* & UPS**/EWS*** : 700/-
- SC, ST, PwD and Transgender: 350/-
Applicable Service/Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate.
Method of Fee Payment
After completing Step-2 of Online Application Form, candidates may remit the examination fee (Step -3) by choosing any of the following options:
(i) Online Mode i.e. Debit/ Credit card, Net Banking and Unified Payment Interface (UPI) in SBI Bank or ICICI Bank or HDFC Bank or Syndicate Bank:
- Check the validity of the Debit/ Credit Card and keep it ready with you while logging on to website for submitting application form. Candidate should enter the information asked for and make payment through Debit/ Credit Card.
- Through Net Banking, check the balance in your account and keep all credentials ready with you while logging on to website for submitting application form. Candidate should make payment through Net Banking using instruction by Payment Gateway.
(ii) Cash Deposit through e-challan at SBI/Syndicate Bank Branches only:
- Print e-Challan on A4 size paper from SBI/Syndicate MOPS page which will contain NTA’s required information in addition to Bank reference No. and visit any of the SBI/Syndicate Banks branches in India and deposit amount mentioned in e-Challan.
Generation of Confirmation Page confirms the final submission of Application Form. If Confirmation Page has not been generated, this means that Application Form has not been submitted successfully.
E-Admit Card for ICAR-AIEEA (UG) 2019
The e-Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to their satisfying the eligibility conditions.
The candidate has to download the e-Admit Card from the NTA website w.e.f. 05 June, 2019 onwards and appear for the Examination at the given Centre on Date and Shift (Timing) as indicated in their e-Admit Card.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.