ICAR’s All India Entrance Examination for Admission to Master Degree Programmes
ICAR-AIEEA (PG) 2019
Indian Council of Agricultural Research-AIEEA (PG)-2019 examination for the academic session 2019-20 will be conducted at 87 cities all over the country enabling participation of a large number of candidates seeking admission in Master degree programmes in AUs in different disciplines of Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Veterinary, Animal Sciences, Agri. Engineering, Community Science (erstwhile Home Science), Fisheries, Dairy Science and other allied sciences.
ICAR (PG) Scholarship for postgraduate studies namely, ICAR (PG) Scholarship, shall be awarded to 600 candidates based on merit in this examination as per their overall merit-rank and seat availability in different disciplines. The remaining admitted students will be awarded NTS (PGS).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DATES AT A GLANCE
|Online submission of Application Form (upto 11:50 pm of 30 April, 2019)||01–30 April, 2019|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/NetBanking upto 11:50 pm through e-challan upto bank hours of 01 May, 2019||01 May, 2019|
|Fee Payable by candidates
General/Unreserved, Other Backward Classes (OBC)-(NCL)* & UPS**/ EWS***
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 500/-|
|Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable|
|Downloading of e-Admit Cards from NTA website||05 June, 2019|
|Date of Examination||01 July, 2019|
|Duration of Examination||150 minutes (2½ hours)|
|Timing of Examination||02:30 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.|
|Centre, Date and Shift of Examination||As indicated on the e-Admit Card|
|Display of recorded responses and Answer Keys on NTA website||To be communicated on NTA website later|
|Submission of Challenges on NTA website||To be communicated on NTA website later|
|Updation of result/marks of qualifying Examination (in case of appearing candidates)||To be communicated on NTA website later|
|Declaration of Result on ICAR website www.icar.org.in||By 17 July 2019|
|Schedule for Online Counselling||To be announced by the ICAR saparetly on www.icar.org.in after the declaration of result|
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications
General Eligibility Criteria to appear in ICAR AIEEA (PG) 2019
1) Candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility requirements for the examination as well as admission as detailed in the Information Bulletin. Applying for ICAR AIEEA (PG) 2019, appearing in the examination and qualifying the same does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility. The applicant for a particular Subject must satisfy the eligibility criterion as specified in this Information Bulletin (or its amendments / corrections).
- No certificates are required to be uploaded along with the online application at the time of online submission.
- The documents / certificates etc., shall be verified directly at the time of admission in the admitting university. In case the candidate is found not-eligible at any stage, his/her candidature would be summarily rejected and admission will be cancelled.
2) Filling of ICAR quota seats in PG programmes in Agricultural Universities through NTA Entrance Examination will not be allowed for non-accredited programmes, colleges and the Universities.
3) Candidate should also note that for admission to Master’s degree programmes through entrance examination conducted by NTA, only the candidates having passed graduation with four/six (10+6 B.Sc. Ag.)/five years’ (B.V.Sc. & AH) degree programme from any recognized University will be eligible. Candidates passed out from private Agricultural Universities/Colleges not accredited by ICAR will not be considered for admission through this examination. Further, in case any degree from a particular college/university is not considered for admission by an Agricultural University or any particular college/university has been derecognized by VCI/UGC or due to any Court directives (present or future) ICAR will not be responsible for admitting students of that college/university in the Universities not willing to admit such candidates. The candidates with a Bachelor’s degree with 3 years’ duration will not be considered for admission through ICAR AIEEA (PG) 2019 in AUs under ICAR-AU system except in two ICAR DUs, viz. IARI, NDRI for which the eligibility criteria of the concerned ICAR-DU, including admission of graduates having passed with 3 years’ degree, would prevail for admission.
4) The Candidate must have passed Bachelor degree examination securing Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of at least 6.60/10.00 in ten-point scale, 3.25/5.00 in five-point scale, 2.60/4.00 in four-point scale for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas for SC/ST/Person with Disability (PwD) candidates, the said requirement is an OGPA of at least 5.60/10.00, 2.75/5.00, 2.20/4.40, respectively. In other cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured at least 60% marks for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas for SC/ST/PwD categories the requirement is 50% marks. (Please note that equivalence between OGPA and % marks will not be acceptable). There will be no rounding-off of the OGPA/percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if a candidate obtained 49.99% marks in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded-off to 50%.
5) For admission in M.V.Sc., candidates must have completed B.V.Sc. & A.H. with internship before the date of admission in the allotted university.
Eligibility Qualifications for Admission to different Subjects
Candidates must ensure their subject or discipline specific criteria before selecting subject or discipline for admission.
- Candidate must fulfill the eligibility conditions as indicated above. They are generally eligible for pursuing Master Degree in the subject in which they have passed their graduation.
- For admission in Master degree courses under ICAR-AU system, candidate must have four years Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Fisheries Science, Home Science etc., after 10+2 or equivalent or 10+6 examination. Candidate should also note that for admission to Master’s degree programmes through entrance examination conducted by ICAR, only the candidates having passed graduation with four years’ degree programme from any recognized University will be eligible. The candidates having passed Bachelor’s degree with 3 years’ duration will not be considered for admission through ICAR AIEEA (PG) 2019 in accredited AUs under ICAR-AU system except at two ICAR DUs, viz. IARI, NDRI, for which the eligibility criteria of the concerned ICAR-DU, including admission of graduates having passed with 3 years’ degree, would prevail for admission. Master degree programme for graduates from non-agricultural stream would be of three years duration, the first year of which will be exclusively for remedial courses introductory agriculture and orientation programmes.
- Though four/five (B.V.Sc.&A.H.)/six (10+6) years Bachelor degree is a compulsory requirement for admission to Master degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/Veterinary sciences but IARI Pusa and NDRI Karnal may admit three-years B.Sc. degree holders in certain subjects.
- Candidates declared qualified for counselling/allottement of seat, may seek admission only during the session for which examination has been conducted. They are not entitled to claim for admission in other sessions/subsequent years based on this year’s examination.
Indian Nationals not below 19 years as on 31.08.2019 (i.e., candidate should not have been born after 01.09.2000) are eligible to appear in the examination. No relaxation is permissible regarding the minimum age limit.
Applying Online and Submission of Application Form
The online submission of Application Form for ICAR-AIEEA (PG) 2019, uploading of scanned photograph and signatures may be made at website www.nta.ac.in, www.ntaicar.nic.in. The candidates should complete all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details and required fee, a Confirmation Page with Application Number shall be generated. Candidates are required to take printout of Confirmation Page and keep it for reference.
In order to appear in ICAR-AIEEA (PG) 2019, the candidates are required to apply online as per procedure detailed below. Before filling and submitting the online form, candidates should download the Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form; and read them carefully. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website. Application Forms not complying with the instructions are liable to be rejected.
Candidates must keep following information ready before filling online Application Form:-
- Govt Identity Details like Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/Election Card (EPIC No.)/Passport number/Ration Card Number/ Bank Account Number/PAN Number/ Other valid Govt Ids.
- Address for communication, Mobile Number, email id, etc.
- Scanned images of latest Photograph (size of 10 kb to 200 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Scanned image of Signature (size of 4 kb to 30 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Bank Account details for payment of Fee, for uploading as part of submission of online application.
Four Steps to Complete the Application Process
Step 1: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No. for future reference.
Step 2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4 kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step 3: Make payment of fee using suitable mode of payment through bank as per details given in this section and keep proof of fee paid.
Step 4: Print at least three copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee
Payment of Fee
Application Fee Payable by the Candidates of Various Categories:
- General/Unreserved, OBC-NCL* & UPS**/EWS*** Rs. 1000/-
- SC, ST, PwD and Transgender Rs. 500/-
Applicable Service/Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate.