ICAR’s All India Competitive Examination for Admission to Doctoral Degree Programme & Award of JRF/SRF (PGS)
Indian Council of Agricultural Research AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) examination will be conducted in 16 Major Subject Groups comprising 60 sub-subjects/disciplines at 87 cities all over the country enabling participation of a large number of candidates seeking admission to different disciplines of Agriculture and Allied Sciences.
Based on the rank of candidates in the All India Merit List based on this examination and availability of seat in a particular subject/discipline opted in the desired university, ICAR shall award JRF/SRF(PGS) to 300 candidates.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DATES AT A GLANCE
|Online submission of Application Form (upto 11:50 pm of 30 April, 2019)||01–30 April, 2019|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/NetBanking upto 11:50 pm through e-challan upto bank hours of 01 May, 2019||01 May, 2019|
|Fee Payable by candidates|
General/Unreserved, Other Backward Classes (OBC)-(NCL)* & UPS**/ EWS***
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 850/-|
|Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable|
|Downloading of e-Admit Cards from NTA website||05 June, 2019|
|Date of Examination||01 July, 2019|
|Duration of Examination||150 minutes (2½ hours)|
|Timing of Examination||02:30 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.|
|Centre, Date and Shift of Examination||As indicated on the e-Admit Card|
|Display of recorded responses and Answer Keys on NTA website||To be communicated on NTA website later|
|Submission of Challenges on NTA website||To be communicated on NTA website later|
|Updation of result/marks of qualifying Examination (in case of appearing candidates)||To be communicated on NTA website later|
|Declaration of Result on ICAR website www.icar.org.in||By 17 July 2019|
|Schedule for Online Counselling||To be announced by the ICAR saparetly on www.icar.org.in after the declaration of result|
Major Subject Groups for Doctoral Degree Programme and ICAR-JRF/SRF(PGS)
Doctoral degree programmes are offered by AUs in 60 sub-subjects under 16 Major Subject Groups. Based upon eligibility and compatibility with their subject areas at the post-graduation level, the candidates should select one Major Subject group for appearing in the Examination. However, candidates choosing a Major Subject Group in examination need to attempt questions from all of the Sub-subjects listed under that Major Subject Group.
Scheme of Examination
The test of AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS) has a single paper of 3 hrs duration. Details of the test are as given below:
Test would consist of two major subtests.
Subtest/Section A – First 20 MCQs are common to all 16 major subjects. The questions assess the level of candidate’s awareness about the environment and its application to the society. The questions are based on general knowledge in the domain of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Dairying, Fisheries and Allied Sciences, etc. including current events and matters of everyday observation and experience.
Subtest/Section B – Remaining 180 MCQs belong to Major Subject Group, as applicable; and are based on the syllabus of different sub-subjects listed under that Major Subject Group.
Eligibilty Criteria and Qualifications
General Eligibility Criteria to Appear in AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2019
Indian nationals who have passed Master’s Degree programme with a minimum of Overall Grade Point Average(OGPA) as shown in Table 2 from any recognized University in India and abroad would be eligible to apply for the AICE – JRF/SRF (PGS).
- Candidates passed out from private Agricultural Universities/Colleges not accredited by ICAR will not be considered for admission through this examination.
- Further, in case any degree from a particular college/university is not considered for admission by an Agricultural University or any particular college/university has been derecognized by VCI/UGC/ICAR or due to any Court directives (present or future) will not be responsible for admitting students of that college/university in the Universities not willing to admit such candidates.
- In other cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured a minimum percent score as shown in the table below.
Minimum OGPA/Marks in the Eligibility Examination required to appear in AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS)-2019
- Where OGPA is awarded, equivalence between OGPA and % marks will not be acceptable.
- There will be no rounding-off of the OGPA/percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if a candidate obtains 49.99% marks in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded-off to 50%.
- Merely qualifying the examination will not guarantee JRF/SRF/Admission. It would be governed by rules and regulations of ICAR and concerned University.
- Candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility requirements for the examination as well as admission as detailed in the Information Bulletin. Applying for AICE-JRF/SRF(PG)-2019, appearing in the examination and qualifying the same does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility. The applicant for a particular Subject must satisfy the eligibility criterion as specified in this Information Bulletin (or its amendments / corrections).
Eligibility Qualifications at Master’s level
In order to appear in AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2019 from a specific Major Subject, candidates must have completed Master’s degree in one of the Sub-subject
- Candidate must fulfill the eligibility conditions as indicated above. They are generally eligible for pursuing Doctoral degree in the subject in which they have passed their postgraduation.
- For certain subjects/courses, the universities may have different/additional eligibility condition/criteria than those listed above. It is the responsibility of the candidate to check his/her eligibility with the concerned university at the time of counseling.
- For admission to Ph.D. degree programmes through the entrance examination, only the candidates having passed graduation with 4/5(B.V.Sc.& A.H.)/6(10+6,BSc. Ag.) years degree programme from any recognized University will be eligible. In addition to this, 2 years’ PG degree with thesis work is the essential requirements for admission to doctoral degree programmes in the AUs. The candidates having passed with 3 years’ UG degree programme are not eligible for Ph.D. admission through AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2019.
Indian Nationals of at least 20 years of age as on 01.07.2019 (i.e. the date of examination)are eligible to apply for the examination. No relaxation is permissible regarding the minimum age limit.
Applying Online and Submission of Application Form
The online submission of Application Form for AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2019, uploading of scanned photograph and signatures may be made at website www.nta.ac.in, www.ntaicar.nic.in. The candidates should complete all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details and required fee, a Confirmation Page with Application Number shall be generated. Candidates are required to take printout of Confirmation Page and keep it for reference.Confirmation Page with Application Number shall be generated. Candidates are required to take printout of Confirmation Page and keep it for reference.
In order to appear in AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2019, the candidates are required to apply online as per procedure detailed below. Before filling and submitting the online form, candidates should download the Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form; and read them carefully. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website. Application Forms not complying with the instructions are liable to be rejected.
Candidates must keep following information ready before filling online Application Form:-
- Govt Identity Details like Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/Election Card (EPIC No.)/Passport number/Ration Card Number/ Bank Account Number/PAN Number/ Other valid Govt Ids.
- Address for communication, Mobile Number, email id, etc.
- Scanned images of latest Photograph (size of 10 kb to 200 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Scanned image of Signature (size of 4 kb to 30 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Bank Account details for payment of Fee, for uploading as part of submission of online application.
Four Steps to Complete the Application Process
Application Form may be submitted in four simple steps:
Step 1 Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No for future reference.
Step 2 Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4 kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step 3 Make payment of fee using suitable mode of payment through bank as per details given in this section and keep proof of fee paid.
Step 4 Print at least three copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee
Payment of Fee
Application Fee Payable by the Candidates of Various Categories:
- General/Unreserved, OBC-NCL* & UPS**/ EWS*** Rs. 1700/-
- SC, ST, PwD and Transgender Rs. 850/-
Applicable Service/Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate.
University-wise and Sub-subject-wise Number of Seats Available for Admission
The number of ICAR seats available for admission in Doctoral degree in different Sub-subjects at accredited AUs for the academic session 2019–20 will be displayed on website www.icar.org.in at the time of counseling. Depending upon availability and status of accreditation, seats in some of the Sub-subjects under some Major Subject Groups may not be received in the Council from accredited universities at the time of counseling. In the event of some candidates qualifying in such sub-subjects, it shall not be the responsibility of the Council to give them admission.
ICAR Examination July 2019 Application Form will be available soon.