M.Sc. Biotechnology/ M.Sc. Biochemistry/ M.Sc. Environmental Sciences Admissions @ Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology
Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology offers following M.Sc. programs of 2-years duration (4 Semesters):
- M.Sc. (Bio-Technology)
- M.Sc. (Bio-Chemistry)
- M.Sc. (Environmental Sciences)
M.Sc. (BIO-TECHNOLOGY) Eligibility:
Candidates with bachelor’s degree with minimum of 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in graduation from recognized University under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary, and Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering Technology, 4-Years BS (Physician Assistant) Course, Medicine (MBBS) or BDS.
M.Sc. (BIO-CHEMISTRY) Eligibility:
Recognized bachelor’s degree with minimum of 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in graduation under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Chemistry or Biochemistry or Genetics or Bioinformatics or Biophysics or Biotechnology or Molecular Biology. In addition to that candidates having degree in MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, B. Pharm, B. Tech (Biotech) shall also be eligible for admission in MSc Biochemistry programme.
M.Sc. (ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE) Eligibility:
Recognised Bachelor’s degree in Science of minimum 3-years duration with 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Biophysics.
No. of seats in each M.Sc. program:
40 (Gen-28, SC/ST-10, PH-2) + (6 FN/NRI seats); 20 (in case of M.Sc. Environmental Sciences
Mode of Selection:
Admissions in all the M.Sc. programs shall be made on the basis of merit prepared by giving 40% weightage to 12th marks and 60% weightage to Graduation marks (aggregate marks upto pre-final year). Overall minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST) in graduation shall be required to be eligible for admission. Graduation must be done from a recognized University.
Application Fee: 1000/-
|Last date for receipt of completed application forms:||June 30, 2019|
|Counselling including deposit of fee:||July 03, 2019|
|Last round of counselling for vacant seats, if any:||July 26, 2019|
|Commencement of Classes:||July 22, 2019|
1) The candidate seeking admission in different M.Sc. programs have to fill single form only with requisite fee mentioning discipline preferences.
2) Candidates having any pending backlog in the first two years of Graduation shall not be considered for admission.
3) In case of a tie among candidates securing equal marks in the merit list, the same will be broken in accordance with the following criteria:
- Candidate senior in age shall rank higher in order of merit.
- In the case of a tie in age also, a candidate getting higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination shall be ranked higher in order of merit.
- In the case of a tie in percentage of marks in the qualifying examination also, a candidate securing higher percentage of marks in matriculation/secondary or equivalent examination shall rank higher in order of merit.
4) Percentage of marks secured at the end of 2nd year of graduation shall only be considered even if the candidate has completed the graduation.
5) Candidates appearing in the final exam of the qualifying degree are also eligible to apply. Such candidates have to furnish following undertaking at the time of counselling.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.