Apply for M.Sc. Biotechnology Admissions 2019 @ SkolTech Russia
SkolTech is currently accepting applications for Master of Science study in the Master of Science in Biotechnology Program
Skoltech is a new global research university created in collaboration with MIT. The new campus, designed by Herzog de Meuron, is home to 40 world-class labs with best-in-class equipment, globally renowned professors and students from 40+ countries.
About The Program
The MSc program is 2 years long: the first year is to strengthen your theoretical background, and the second year is to focus on research. Students have the freedom to choose courses and extracurricular activities to shape their individual trajectory, acquire soft skills, and gain entrepreneurial skills to prepare for job placement.
|Mode, duration:||2 years (full-time)|
|Fees:||no tuition fees for those who successfully pass the selection|
|Student pack:||monthly stipend (40 000 RUB), medical insurance|
Education: Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, Agro, IT, Physics, Medicine, Mathematics.
English Language: If your education has not been conducted in English, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- Your CV (ENG)
- Motivation letter (ENG)
- 2 recommendation letters
- Diploma or transcript
- Your certificates and awards, achievements and other materials for portfolio
The 2-year program comprises of compulsory and recommended elective courses on the most important topics, a wide set of elective courses (depending on the research and professional needs of the student), components of entrepreneurship and innovation, research activity and 8 weeks of industry immersion.
- Lectures and practical classes conducted by world-renowned professors and experts.
- Students’ individual research projects carried out at Skoltech laboratories.
- An 8-week summer industry immersion program at leading companies turning knowledge and skills into action.
- Courses on entrepreneurship and innovation that provide skills, as well as knowledge, to commercialize ideas and research findings.
Major research topics:
- Adaptive bacterial immunity, genome editing, novel antibiotics
- Discovery and validation of new drugs, development of liver-specific therapeutic antisense/siRNA/sgRNA
- Individual T cell receptor and antibody repertoires in health and disease
- Evolutionary genomics, systems biology, functional and comparative genomics, mutations in germline and in cancer
- Noncoding RNAs, RNA maturation
- Fluorescence labeling and imaging of biological models, development of novel mass-spectrometers
- Genome-driven selection for agriculture
- Molecular mechanisms of transcription, novel RNA polymerases
Prepare the application pack and submit your application by filling in the form on the Skoltech website.
2) Online selection
Every candidate must take an online exam. You will be notified by email about the specific date and time of your test.
3) Final selection
The final round takes place in Moscow. You have to pass the TOEFL ITP exam on site, or present a valid TOEFL certificate and pass an interview. Extra written examinations may be required for certain programs during the selection weekend.
Based on the results of each applicant’s overall performance, we will make a list of students to be enrolled free of charge.
|Application closes on||July 16, 2019|
|Online test||June 6-7, 2019|
|Selection round (Selection Weekend)||June 27-28, 2019|