CSIR-CCMB Web Notification for Project personnel recruitment PN#4/2019 dated 25.03.2019
Online Applications are invited from the eligible Indian national for the following temporary project positions to work in Bioinformatics, CCMB, Hyderabad.
1-Name of Post: Project JRF [Post Code PJRF]
Number of positions: Ten (10)
Upper age limit: 30 years.
Fellowship Rs. 25,000 p.m. (as sanctioned by the funding agency) + HRA as applicable/admissible.
Essential qualification: MSc/ BE/ BTech / MTech in Bioinformatics/ Computer Science/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Genetics/ Life Sciences with 55% or equivalent.
Desirable: Must be familiar with analysis of Next Generation Sequencing datasets and Linux environment and use of command-line tools. Working knowledge of Python/R is highly desirable though not mandatory.
2-Name of Post : Project Research Associate-I [Post Code PRA-I]
Number of positions: Three
Upper age limit: 35 years.
Fellowship: Rs. 36,000 p.m. (as sanctioned by the funding agency) + HRA as applicable/admissible.
Essential qualification: PhD in Bioinformatics/Computer Science/ Biological sciences.
Desirable Must have at least 3 years of working experience with Next Generation Sequencing datasets and well versed with Linux /bash and routine command line tools for large scale data processing.
- Must have working knowledge of Python and/or R.
- Demonstrable knowledge of creating pipelines for NGS data analysis will be considered extremely favorably.
- Knowledge of DBMS and/or development of web-apps is desirable but not mandatory.
General terms and conditions:
- CSIR (PPD) / DST prevailing guidelines are applicable to these positions. Positions are purely temporary & on contract basis and is co-terminus with the project’s tenure.
- Eligible candidates are required to submit applications online.
- The age relaxation of 5 years for statutory groups and women.
- Selection of the candidates will be based on initial screening based on qualifications as specified in the advertisement. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Depending on the number of shortlisted candidates written test may also be conducted to shortlist the candidate.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. The duly constituted Screening Committee will adopt its own criteria for short-listing the candidates. The candidates should therefore, mention in the application all the qualifications and experiences in the relevant area over and above the minimum prescribed qualification, supported with documents. Completion of PhD degree will be reckoned from the date of issue of provisional certificate/notification.
- Candidates who have completed their degree with requisite educational qualifications only need to apply.
- The engagement under project does not confer any right/claim whatsoever, either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in CSIR/CSIR-CCMB, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions or precedent.
- All the communication regarding the call for interview will be only through electronic mode (through: E-mail)
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidate for appearing for the written test/interview.
- The terms and conditions of engagement of project staff may be amended from time to time.
- The initial tenure of project staff will be for 6/12 months and can be extended further after review of performance/work by Principal Investigator. The total tenure of project staff will be for 5 years.
- The performance of project staff would be reviewed periodically so that candidates not found up to the mark, could be terminated.
- All qualification & experiences must be from Govt./Govt. recognized Institute.
- Empanelment does not provide automatic guarantee of engagement.
- Project staff will be entitled for one day’s leave for each completed month’s service. However, in extra-ordinary circumstances Principal Investigator of the project and/or Director, CSIR-CCMB may provide relaxation in the rules considering the exigency.
- Project staff will be provided OPD medical facilities through CSIR-CCMB dispensary, for self only.