Summer Training/ Project Work/ Dissertation Work Programme
for Post-graduate Students
1) To ignite the young minds of India who are the foundation for cutting edge research.
2) To facilitate the learning process through experimentation and putting into practice the knowledge acquired in the classrooms.
3) To provide an opportunity for gaining research experience and working closely with the research scholars and the scientists.
a) Student should be in the postgraduate courses from a recognized University/Institute/college in the relevant areasof Biological Sciences.
b) Training must be essential for the candidate’s course curriculum, which should be endorsed by Institutional head.
Application must include:
- Bio Data and academic records of the student given in the ‘APPLICATION FORM’
- Recommendation Letter (in original) of the Principal or Head of the Institution /University.
- Application written by the student to the Director, NICED requesting the approval for the training.
- Consent letter from NICED scientist [Scientist name is available at NICED website (www.niced.org.in)]
- Completed applications along with all necessary documents is required to be sent to the address indicated at the end of the notice.
When to Apply:
Final applications (in hard copy) must reach to NICED Director’s office at least 3 months prior to the commencement of the proposed training.
Selected students to be considered for pursuing their Summer Training / Project Work / Dissertation Work at NICED will require paying (Rs. 3000/- per month) the admissible charges as per NICED guidelines. The payment is to be made during the first month of the project work in form of crossed demand draft in favour of”The Director, NICED” payable at Kolkata.
a) Incomplete and invalid applications will be summarily rejected & no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
b) The decisions about the selection will be final and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Approval of selection would be intimated to the concerned faculty members of NICED. Selected trainee will be informed about their joiningby the concerned Scientist.
- Guardians/students are requested not to contact the office over phone or by visiting personally regarding their application status or selection.
Mailing address for application:
National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases(ICMR)
P-33, C.I.T. Road, Scheme – XM
Beleghata, Kolkata – 700 010
Attn.: Dr. Asish K. Mukhopadhyay, Scientist E
Phone: 033 2363 – 3373
Name of the Training Coordinator (Contact person):
Dr. Asish K. Mukhopadhyay
Division of Bacteriology
National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases